Chapter Nine: Patterns (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"I'm tired of laying down!" Cora replied before dropping down from the bar and started doing push ups. Derek rolled his eyes, the two hadn't talked much since she had slept most of the weekend and was processing everything she had been through.

"Then sit," Derek offered. Cora ignored him, frustrated Derek moved his leg over and pulled her arm out from underneath her. She growled in frustration as she leapt up and sent a few punches and kicks towards Derek, which the Alpha easily blocked before catching her fist.

"COME ON FIGHT BACK!" Cora grunted angrily.
"No," Derek scoffed throwing his hands down. "You need to rest."

"You're pathetic! This is what I come back to? All these years I waited for any news anything! Then I hear a new Alpha is in Beacon hills and he's building a pack, one of the Hales! Do you know how long I've been waiting to hear something like that?! I waited three months in a cell for this?!" His younger sister ranted.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you," Derek sighed shaking his head as he went to work away. "Kind of sad we missed the part where hey I'm so happy you're alive."

"I am happy you're alive Derek, but... what the hell is going on? Why are they after you?" Cora asked throwing her hands up annoyed.

"They're not just after me," Derek murmured as he met his sisters eyes and told her the truth. "They want me, but they wouldn't be sad if one of the hybrids killed me either, or if they bit Stiles and he killed me, or if any of my betas killed me... they're also after Percy. They wanted to turn him and have him kill me, is our guess."

"Percy," Cora scoffed rolling her eyes. "The demigod."
"He's sorta a big deal in the supernatural community," Derek remarked crossing his arms. "You should do your research before you complain about the guy who saved your life."

"Jason told me about him, from what he knew about him," Cora said with a shrug. "Son of Poseidon, powerful, fell into Tartarus oh and his nose bleeding caused the earth goddess to wake up a few years ago."

"He fell into Tartarus and survived, he fought and killed Giants, Cora when he was thirteen he literally held up the sky!" Derek exclaimed annoyed. "He's the reason all of us are still alive. Percy is the reason we're going to be able to make it through this mess."

Before Cora could respond Dereks alarm system roared to life causing the siblings to flinch as his door was ripped open and one of the alphas was sitting there smirking.

"Ready for a rematch?" He asked. Cora roared her fangs and claws extending as she rushed forwards.

"CORA!" Derek shot out frustrated at his sisters lack of plan. He watched as the Alpha grabbed his sister by the throat and slam her into the ground. Dereks eyes flashed red in anger as he went to rush forwards but the female alpha rushed forwards and attacked.

Derek was caught by surprise at the speed of her attacks, and how she was using claws on her feet as well. Which slashed into his shoulder as he tried to dodge and defend her attacks. Wincing in pain he knew he was at a disadvantage. Cora was the only beta here, the others were at school making Dereks pack strength ,which strengthens whim,  weak. Even  with what Derek could only see currently two alphas there pack strength was double what Derek had by the obvious fact that they were in fact in an alpha pack.

He was able to grab her leg and throw her across his loft as he snarled angrily. The alpha only smirked as she rushed forwards grabbing one of Dereks pipes, breaking it. She twisted mid air and Derek had no idea where the attack was going to come from until he blocked a kick and was then slammed in the head with the pipe. His vision blurred as he slammed into the ground face first. He attempted to get up but before he could he felt the pipe enter his gut and Derek let out a pain filled roar.