Ember Island Romance

For Azure on AO3 "How about Zuko brings his girlfriends Katara, Mai, Jin and Ty-Lee to Ember Island for some fun and romance"

Word Count: 2740

Warnings: None! Just good ole polyamorous fluff!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After defeating his father and becoming the Fire Lord, Zuko had immediately set himself to work. With the help of his friends and girlfriends, the first few months went smoother than he could have anticipated them going upon taking his place on the throne. However, despite all the help he had, Zuko had found that he, Mai, Ty-Lee, Katara and Jin were still constantly running around between sorting things out between the Fire Nation, Water Tribes and Earth Kingdom, and with changing various laws within the Fire Nation to make it a better place than what Ozai and Sozin had turned it into. It was on his way to a meeting with Mai walking alongside him, an idea struck him as the warm rays of the sun hit both of them. Mai notices the signature glint of an idea flash across Zuko's face and she arches an eyebrow at him.

"Got an idea there?" Mai asks, pausing in their path to see if it was something that should be talked about before the meeting with the Earth Kingdom diplomats.

"I do, but it's nothing to worry about. I promise," Zuko answers, looking at Mai. "Let's hurry. I know you don't like these meetings but the sooner this is done, the sooner I can talk about my idea."

"Fine. Though why didn't you bring Jin for this?" Mai asks as she starts walking again with Zuko.

"She's busy helping Katara, Aang and a few others with recovery in the Earth Kingdom capital. Not to mention you're better at this and I know you have my back should things go sour," Zuko answers.

"Fair enough I suppose. I just figured it would make more sense to have Jin here since she's from the Earth Kingdom," Mai says.

"That was my line of thought when I asked her thoughts on the materials for this meeting," Zuko says. He then pushes open the drapes to the meeting room, letting Mai enter first before following her in. He nods to the diplomats and he goes to his seat at the end of the table, Mai taking his right.

When the meeting finally ended, Zuko waited for Katara and Jin to return in the evening, not yet spilling his idea to Mai and Ty-Lee. Much to his amusement as he waited by the turtle duck pond, Ty-Lee was acting a bit pouty since he would not say anything yet. To appease the chi blocker, the Fire Lord presses a soft kiss to her cheek. The pout goes away quickly enough and before he could pull away completely, Ty-Lee steals a chaste kiss off of Zuko's lips. As Zuko uprights, two sets of footsteps and two feminine voices grab Zuko's, Mai's and Ty-Lee's attention.

"Jin! Katara! You two finally made it back!" Ty-Lee calls out as she pops up to her feet. She runs over to the other two girls and hugs them.

"You made it sound like we were gone for more than a few hours," Katara chuckles, returning the hug.

"Well Zuko has an idea and he hasn't said anything cause he was waiting for the both of you to return so it felt like you two were gone for days," Ty-Lee answers, causing Jin to laugh.

"Well, we're here so nothing can be hidden from any of the four of us now," Jin grins.

"Right!" Ty-Lee says before dropping her arms and grabbing Katara and Jin by their wrists and pulling them over. "Spill it Zuko!"

"A few things occurred to me actually. We're finally seeing a lull in important tasks so I figured the five of us could take a small vacation. I was trying to think of where to go, and it dawned on me that Jin has never been to Ember Island. So maybe in a few days we all take a short vacation to Ember Island?" Zuko says.