Deal with a Demon

For @WormScriber on Wattpad!

"Okay hear me out. Jaune from RWBY, post-volume 3, made a pact with Orthax from TLoVM. RWBY x TLoVM"

Word Total: 3170
Warnings: Violence, mention of canon character death, character death, light swearing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the fall of Beacon and losing Pyrrha, Jaune found himself feeling lost, empty and angry. Instead of going home like most of Beacon and his friends did, or staying with a friend, Jaune found himself wandering the dirt roads of Remnant. He clutched Pyrrha's circlet, holding it close to his chest and he thought on how he could have done better. How he could have been stronger. How he shouldn't have let Pyrrha go on her own. Jaune tried his best to stay awake the longest he could, knowing only nightmares would come for him when he closed his eyes. But one night when he could no longer stay awake, it wasn't a nightmare that came to him.

When Jaune curled up by a tree one night after staying awake for three days straight once more, he had resigned himself to the realm of nightmares. As his consciousness gave way, it was not the nightmares of Pyrrha dying nor the twisted nightmare of her and the others berating him for not being enough. Instead, his dream was filled with a smokey presence with two glowing orange eyes. There was no recognizable body at the moment as far as dream Jaune could tell but the presence wasn't harming him. Instead, the smoke then gives way to a vision of striking down Cinder, Mercury, Emerald, some faces Jaune doesn't recognize, and then of course... Salem. In the vision, Jaune notes that in his hand is his sword, but it didn't look like his. It was jagged and turned into a whip, and had veins of various shades of green that Jaune somehow knew to be venom and acid. The vision of Jaune exacting his revenge fades and raspy whispers fill his head on how to build the better version of Crocea Mors. Jaune listens intently, absorbing everything the whispers told him.

As Jaune next roused, he felt surprisingly refreshed for once. As he stood up, the dream he had came flooding back and the blonde scrambles for his Scroll. Ignoring the few messages from Nora and Ren, Jaune starts writing everything down in his Scroll on how to make the improvements for his weapon. Once satisfied that he had everything, Jaune gathers his stuff and he starts moving like a man on a mission. For once, Jaune finally felt like he had a purpose and thanked his sleep deprived brain for finally giving him that path. He makes his way back to the village he had passed the prior day to gather whatever supplies he could find there and continues on his way to gather the last pieces. Jaune changes his trajectory towards a small town as he knew that if he wanted to actually craft his weapon, he would have better luck in a town than a simple village.

Jaune grew more and more frustrated the longer it took to find a blacksmith that would let him use the forge. No amount of money nor offers of non-paid labor seemed to entice any blacksmiths. They instead just gave him materials and told him good luck with a laugh. As he walks along another dirt road to get to the next small town, his Scroll goes off and he growls as he pulls it off his hip. Seeing it was yet another message from Ruby, Jaune glares at the message. He was about to put the Scroll away when he suddenly got the idea that maybe letting Ruby know where he was would be beneficial. After all, she knew how to build weapons and might be a bit more persuasive than he. Smirking, Jaune finally responds to Ruby with where he was headed, including what appeared to be a sincere apology about not responding sooner. Not at all surprised that Ruby immediately responded saying that she would meet up with him in that town with Nora and Ren, the blonde puts the Scroll away. He pulls out the circlet and holds it with both hands.

"Don't worry Pyrrha... I'll have revenge for you and those who we lost in Beacon," Jaune hums out. He puts the circlet on his own head, chuckling a little bit at how it didn't fit quite right on him but that was alright with him. He continues walking, not noticing the smoke that had curled around his ankles and was now trailing behind him.