06: Mysterious Disappearances

CHAPTER SIX❊❊❊❊❊❊❊_____________________________________

CHAPTER SIX
❊❊❊❊❊❊❊
_____________________________________

"MISS WILLIAMS, IF I HEAR ANOTHER word come out of that hole of yours I will make it my personal responsibility to have you and Miss Diggory cleaning frogspawn jars until Christmas." snarled Snape viciously from behind his desk to Lilith. "Oh, and do control your appearance. The sight of electric blue is damaging my eyes."

Dana scowled at him. The sight of his face was damaging her eyes, but she didn't feel the need to express it to the whole class.

Lilith blushed pink immediately, reverting her currently aqua hair back to its natural blonde within seconds. Snape often got testy and scolded her whenever she absentmindedly morphed her appearance. After that, she would usually stay relatively quiet for the remainder of the lesson, secretly fearful of the professor.

Once everyone had summoned their equipment, they got into pairs and prepared to create a Volubilis Potion. Paddy partnered up with Oliver and Dana could overhear the Quidditch captain telling Lilith that he personally thought her hair was very cool. Her face flushed red once more.

Half an hour later, once their ingredients had been chopped and added in, Dana leaned forward to get a peek inside their cauldron. A putrid smell hit her instantly and she spluttered.

"It's not that bad." Lilith said uncertainly.

Dana made a face and Patrick reached over to get a look.

"Not that bad?" his eyes were watering now. "Looks like something Hagrid's dog would eat."

Bored of protesting their lack of skill and ability, Dana stirred the lumpy, mud-like liquid with a grimace before bottling a sample. She handed it to Snape at the end of the lesson and he practically sneered at the sight. To her relief, he said nothing and indicated with a flick of his head for them both to leave.

From experience, Dana found that often meant it was arguably Poor but not quite Troll quality and, with that, she left satisfied enough.

"Diggory, before you run off." called Snape, waving a heavily reluctant hand to summon her back over.

Having been so close to leaving, she groaned inwardly and returned to his desk, telling the others she would meet them later on. She stood before Snape expectantly.

"I have been requested to pass on that Professor Lupin will be unable to see you this week for your extra classes. He sends his deepest regards, though I can only imagine he is getting a lucky escape."

Merlin. When he put it like that, it almost sounded as bad as taking remedial Potions.

Still, Dana frowned, "Right. How comes?"