7

Vegas pov

These days I'm in a constant state of worry about my pregnant wife. After I dropped Venice at school everyday, I'd come back and work from home instead. Making sure that I'm not a foot away from Pete, I'll always follow and accompany him wherever he goes. Even to the bathroom too. Whenever I followed him to the bathroom he'd glared at me from time to time but I'd lean my shoulder on the bathroom's door and wait for him, not caring or not at all offended by his glare that made him look more like an angry but cute kitty.

As time flies by, Pete's labour date is also approaching and his stomach becomes frighteningly big as the twins grow bigger and bigger everyday. Because the space between his stomach was getting smaller and smaller, his appetite became less and less which made me worry to death. 

The first few months because of the morning sickness, he vomited everything he ate but now he barely eats anything at all. Tankhun and the others from the main family also come visit us every now and then. Along with them, they bring lots of babies' clothing, toys, books on pregnancy, including many snacks: sweet and sour. But Pete would take a bite of each and then give up on eating them. I also cook for him but he'd always eat a little and say that he doesn't have an appetite.

It could be said that, to make my wife eat, it takes a lot of effort and also I have to make sure he's eating fresh and healthy food. I'm so nervous and anxious about him. I had never been nervous or worried when dealing with other mafia lords, torturing people or when I'm negotiating with hundred millions of deals.

At the same time I see Pete getting tired  almost all the time.  Dr. Top advises me to make sure that Pete gets plenty of rest because being pregnant is tiring, and those expecting twins may feel even more.Get plenty of rest and do not let the pregnancy-related anxiety take a toll on your health and wellbeing. But, in  our case it's me who's more anxious than him. Sometimes Pete teases me that I look more like I'm the one who is pregnant with twins instead of him. I would just smile and say nothing. 

Apart from Dr. Top's advice, I also did a lot of research on the do's and don'ts during pregnancy. The signs and  symptoms, the tips, the food he needs to eat and not eat. 

I also asked my Kinn. He and Porsche have twins too. I often ask for advice, tips, is it painful at the time of giving birth and other things related to pregnancy. They also ensure that it will be alright as long as I take great care of Pete and pay more attention to his health.

Meanwhile, Pete also tried his best to eat so that he could dissipate my concerns and worries. He would always say he's fine and he will be okay at the time of the babies' delivery. 

Nevertheless, there would be nights when I couldn't sleep and I'd lie awake most of the time. I'd gaze at his peaceful sleeping face then only I'd be able to sleep again. I don't know how to feel about the pregnancy, there were mixed emotions within my heart but of course there was also joy and anxiety at the same time. There's joy because of fatherhood but also anxiety because I'm worried about Pete's health and the difficulties he will have to face during the delivery. I don't want to see him in pain and I'm scared that something might  happen to him when he gives birth to the babies.

Everyday I pray to God that nothing bad shall happen at the time of delivery. During the delivery of the babies, I hope it won't be too difficult or life threatening to the three of them. I want them to be safe and sound, because I don't know what will become of me if one day Pete actually leaves me. I can't live without him. He once asked me what I'd do if he was the first one to leave. I stayed quiet before I changed the subject. I cannot imagine a life without him and I'd rather I'm the one to leave first because I can't live a single day without him. But if death really takes him before me then I'd dig two graves right after his death,so when he dies I promise I'd be leaving by his side.

These past few days I tried to be more optimistic like Pete and when I think I couldn't his smile would make me worry less and drive away the pessimistic thoughts out of my mind. He comforted me, said that he and the twins will be alright, also that he will give birth safely. That if I'm too depressed then he will be the same too. I didn't realise that if I'm like this then he'd be more worried about me than himself. I thought I was too selfish, only thinking about what will become of me if he ever leaves me. But what about him? I didn't think of how my anxieties are not only affecting me but it is affecting him too. 

This is the time for me to support him emotionally and physically, comfort him, give him warmth and assure him that it'd be okay. We will make it through and overcome it together. That everything will be alright.  It should be me comforting and making him feel more secure and safe but here I am, being useless. Why am I being like this?