Chapter Forty: The Question Of When - Part #2

Ava has one more day until she tells her mom about everything, until she officially comes out to her.

And that makes Lilly's mind spiral with thoughts when she gets home that same Thursday.

Wanting to tell her parents that she's dating Ava has become a thing she thinks about more and more.

She wants the freedom of not having to hide how she feels about her.

But she also knows the dangers of telling them.
They might not let her see Ava as much, they might blame her for pulling her friend into this, "phase".
Her parents might make more comments at nighttime.

Good lord, she doesn't need to hear anymore comments from her parents.

So, there are pros and cons to telling them and not telling them.

Her main reason for telling them is so she will be allowed to be honest with them, be allowed to express herself without having to go under the guise of being just platonic buddies with Ava.

Lilly lays in bed that night, thinking a lot.

She loves Ava in a way she's never loved anyone else before.
Ava is extremely important to her, their love is extremely important to her.

Ava deserves to not be hidden, to not be kept a secret.

Lilly locks it in her mind, she'll tell her parents about Ava, regardless of what they say about it.

She'll deal with whatever they say, she'll try her best to make it go in one ear and out the other.

She's been working on that recently.
It doesn't always work, but it's nice when it does work, when she can sleep peacefully and not let her mother's words affect her.

Lilly's phone buzzes beside her bed, it's a good night text from Ava.

She smiles at the message as she replies to it, ending it with a heart that's second nature at this point.
It's been her second nature for years.

She'll do anything for Ava, she knows that more than anything else.

She goes to sleep feeling hopeful.

She'll be okay, she knows she will be okay when she tells her parents everything.