Chapter Twenty-Two: Take It All In

With her mind churning with confusion and curiosity, Lilly speeds home, running to her bedroom and throwing her backpack onto the floor.
While she throws her backpack, she takes the briefest second to lay the framed photograph down on her dresser.

She takes a seat on her bed and unfolds the first piece of paper.

There are little hearts scribbled in the margins of the paper and around the empty spaces, little hearts that makes Lilly's face flush.

Her eyes trail down the page slowly, taking in every word.

It's a lot. Lilly can barely believe what she's reading!
Ava feels giddy around her, Ava loves- really loves kissing her, Ava thinks she beautiful.

And it keeps going from there through the second piece of paper.

Ava spills her heart out to Lilly through the pages, where she talks about the confusion and the brand new feelings in her brain and heart, and about how she dreams about Lilly, how she dreams about them living happily ever after together, and everything else that has to deal with love.
Everything else that has to deal with her love for Lilly.

Lilly reads the pages over and over again, her heart pounding with so much happiness.

So much happiness that she wants to share.

She pulls her phone from her pocket, sending out-of-context texts to Lucas and Rose that both simply read, "Ava is in love with me".

Lucas replies first with,

HOLY SHIT ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME???!! WHAT HAPPENED??????

Lilly give him context, telling him about the pieces of paper and all the feelings and all of the... everything on them.

Rose responds to the first text a second later,

WOAH THAT'S GREAT!!!! How are you feeling about it???

Lilly is almost overwhelmed by how much she is feeling.

She feels so happy and intrigued and excited and nervous.
A whole slew of emotions.

She tries to explain that to Rose.

After she does so, she goes back to Lucas' message, confirming that she is in fact, not fucking with him.

Lilly turns her phone off, then gets off of her bed.

She stands in front of her dresser and props the framed photograph up.

It's a really cute picture, one of the most recent pictures they have together.

Maybe Lilly wasn't over-analyzing anything too much when she saw Ava's face glow bright pink that night.

Besides that thought and the thought of getting more pictures together, she takes it in that the girl she's been in love with for as long as she can remember likes her back.

She doesn't have to worry about asking Ava herself, which gives her the biggest sigh of relief in the world.

Her thoughts fills her with pure giddiness.
Pure giddiness that follows her for the rest of the night.