"Ooh, a Jeep!" Ally says, getting in the passenger seat.

"It's so beachy. I love it!" Dinah announces and hops in the back next to Lauren and I, after we put some bags in the trunk.

"Ally, isn't there a law about how tall you have to be to sit in the front?" Normani asks jokingly.

"Hey! I'm 5 foot." Ally protests, feigning hurt.

"Suuure." Normani says, and turns on the car.

"Ally, turn on the radio!" I exclaim once we get going.

Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey comes on, and even though it's so overplayed, I love it anyway.

"I love this song!" Lauren shouts over the sound of the wind.

It totally feels like a movie moment. Five best friends, music up loud, wind blowing through our hair...it's so easy to forget all the troubles in life, like schoolwork and Adrianne.

I shake the thought of Adrianne out of my head. I just need to stop feeling guilty and get over it.

Lauren is singing along to the song, and she actually has a really good voice. "You're not too bad of a singer." I say, nudging her.

"I like to think so." She smiles playfully at me.

When we arrive at the beach a little while later, we grab all of our bags and head over by the water.

"I haven't been to the beach in forever!" Normani declares as we unpack our towels, laying them on the chairs.

"Me neither, girl! I can't wait to swim." Dinah adds. "Let's go!"

They all start running towards the water, but Lauren stops when she realizes I hesitate a little.

"What's wrong?" She asks, slowing down. "Fear of sharks?"

I smile, walking next to her. "No, I'm just...more of a sandcastle person! But I'll swim for a bit." I give in, because I don't want to seem suspicious.

"That's good, because I need to cool off." Lauren says, fanning herself with her hands. "So, when are we gonna tell the other girls we're together?" She asks.

"I guess there's no better time than now." I say, and we catch up to our other friends, who are already in the water.

"So, guys," I start out. "I just wanted to let you know that Lauren and I are dating now." There's really no simpler way to say it.

"Oh my god! Camren is real!" Dinah shouts, which earns some confused stares from the other beach-goers.

"Camren? It's catchy." Normani smiles. "I ship it too."

"That's seriously so cute!" Ally exclaims.

Lauren and I smile at each other. "I'm glad you're so supportive. Especially you, Dinah!" Lauren says, and we all laugh.

The rest of our afternoon is spent by playing beach volleyball, playing in the water like 5-year-olds, and chatting while tanning. I still don't tell the other girls about Adrianne and that she's going to our university, because it's just not the right time. I don't want to make it awkward or ruin the day.

I have to admit, Lauren does look incredible in her bikini. A couple times she catches me staring at her, but she doesn't look away. She raises her eyebrows at me, but I just shrug casually.

We decide to go to a seafood restaurant by the pier for dinner. The view from it is gorgeous, and I'm starving. But then again, when am I not?