Chapter Eight

Camila's POV

I wake up the next morning and smile, remembering the night before. I like Lauren. Lauren likes me. If only it could be that simple.

The reality that Adrianne is going to the same school as us sets in again, and I groan a little.

"Something wrong?" Lauren asks, stretching her arms out. She looks at me from her bed.

"I just hate mornings." I say, laying my head back down.

"But it's Saturday!" Lauren points out.

How could I forget? It's my first weekend at college, so I'm already wondering what to do today. Other than homework, which I'll probably put off until Sunday night.

"Thank god." I say, and Lauren laughs. Eventually, we both fall back to sleep for a couple more hours.

When I get wake back up again, Lauren is already dressed. I start thinking about her and I...what are we? Are we dating? Is it too soon for that?

"Good morning...again." I say, sitting up.

Lauren giggles and runs her fingers through her hair. "Hey, you're up."

"Yeah, surprisingly. It feels weird getting up before noon on weekends." I laugh a little. "So, last night." I say, after pausing for a moment.

Lauren claps her hands together. "Yeah, last night." She says a little awkwardly, and we both laugh again.

"But really, are we together now?" Lauren asks, sitting next to me on my bed. She looks at me intently with her hypnotic green eyes.

I think for a second, about all I went through with Adrianne. All the pain and disappointment. I think that I'm finally ready to let go of the past, let go of that, and move on.

"Yeah." I say happily, nodding. "I'd love that." I realize that holding onto my difficult past would only hurt me more. And Lauren makes me so happy.

Like last night, Lauren leans in and our kiss lasts for a few seconds. It's magical, and I'm glad to be with her.

"So, what should we do today?" I ask, shortly after pulling away.

Lauren pulls out her phone. "Let's see." She googles places near our campus and in town. "There's restaurants, malls, beaches...basically everything."

"Beaches!" I exclaim. Beaches remind me of my home, and I have to admit, I am feeling a little homesick.

"I love the beach, too!" Lauren says excitedly, and starts texting Dinah, Normani and Ally. "How about we make it a girls' days?"

"That sounds fun." I walk over to my drawers, and find my bikini. I pick out an outfit to go over it, after a few minutes of searching. I wish I could be more like Lauren, because she picks out her clothes and gets ready so fast.

I'm a little hesitant to wear a bikini, because of...certain reasons. I just slip on my pair of shorts and loose top over it.

"When are we going?" I ask Lauren.

"The other girls will be here in about half an hour." Lauren says. "Normani said she had to go to Dinah's dorm and physically pull her out of bed." She laughs, looking at her phone.

She goes over to her drawers, and pulls out her swimsuit. It's an all black Triangl bikini, and I think she'll look great in it.

A few minutes later, we're all ready and the five of us head out to Normani's black jeep in the parking lot.