Chapter Two

Lauren's POV

"Lauren, honey, let's get your bags in the car!" My dad, Mike, calls to me from downstairs.

I sigh, taking a look around my room. The room I grew up in, had so many memories in...Leaving my room, my house, my family, for most of the time, will be so hard. It's like leaving behind my childhood and going on to be more independent. The thought of that was exciting, yet scary.

I can't believe I'm finally going to college. I'm starting my freshman year at the University of North Carolina, the college I've wanted to wanted to go to since I was a sophomore. Having a change of scenery and new people would be nice. Living somewhere other than Tampa would be an adventure, or at least I hoped.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and picked one of my suitcases up. When I get downstairs, my dad goes to grab my other bags.

"I can't believe my little girl is going to college!" My mom says, hugging me. I embrace her back, closing my eyes and savoring the moment. She releases me and looks into my eyes. "Honey, I'm so proud of you. I know you'll love college."

"Yeah, I hope I do." I smile back at her.

I say goodbye to brother, Chris, and my sister, Taylor, who I'll also miss immensely.

We load the car, and my parents and I are finally off to my dream college. I'm majoring in English, because I hope someday to teach overseas.

I look out of the window, wondering about my classes, the food, my roommate...I hope she won't be rude and that we have at least some things in common. And is it too much to hope that she would be cute?

~

Camila's POV

The nine hour ride to North Carolina is a struggle for me, because I can't stand sitting still for too long. To distract myself from fidgeting around, I put in my headphones and turn on some music. A song by Ed Sheeran comes on, and I slowly drift off to sleep.

A few hours later, I wake up and my mom informs me that we're only 30 minutes away from the university. Thank God that I had the chance to sleep before we got there.

When we arrive, my mom helps me carry my bags full of clothes and various other items. I've always had a tendency to overpack, but oh well. You can never be too prepared!

I see another girl struggling with her boxes and bags from across the parking lot. Something about her long, dark brown hair seems familiar, but I can only see the back of her head. I shake off the feeling that I could possibly know her.

I've already taken a tour of the campus, but I feel exhilarated, as if I were there for the first time. I take a deep breath and walk into the building to get my dorm room key, holding the door for my mom. This is the beginning of my future.

~

Lauren's POV

I walk into the large office building at the university to get my dorm key. I'm thrilled to be at the college I've been dreaming to attend for the past few years.

I see a girl with long brown hair walking away from the office as I enter, and something about her strikes me as familiar. It's a strange feeling, even though I can only see the back of her head. Whatever, though.

The lady at the front desk asks for me to show her my student I.D, which I received in the mail a couple weeks ago. I hold it up for her, and she smiles and hands me my key.

My mom squeezes my shoulders happily, and we start heading toward the dorm building.

~

After taking the elevator to the third floor, we walk down the hallway towards our destination.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" My mom says as I turn the key and open the door. I have to admit, I am pretty excited as well as anxious.

I'm definitely not expecting what happens next, which is walking into my dorm to find my elementary school enemy, Camila Cabello.

~~~

Second chapter! I'll try to update frequently, and I hope at least some people enjoy this story.

-Emily