CH:26- A Warm Exchange!

Start from the beginning

"Nothing," Pushpa Ji mouthed but the changes in Karishma's behavior since Urmila's arrival and then her denial of the proposal, yesterday, increased Puhspa Ji's doubts, she thought of discussing this with Riya and went back to her work.

_________________________________

"What are you doing here?" Karishma asked as soon as she entered the gym.

"What do you see me doing, Karishma Singh?" Haseena uttered between her uneven breaths as she increased her pace on the treadmill.

"Samar came?" She stood opposite Haseena while placing her hand on the treadmill, "Santosh saw him leaving," She said as she admired Haseena's disheveled state.

"Yes, he came," Haseena answered, "he needs the signature on the papers for the consignment to be released," she turned off the machine, "and, Kamat has invited me to the party," she picked up the towel, "so I can collect my money from him," and started wiping off her sweat.

"So, what's the plan?" Karishma asked as she handed over the glass of water to Haseena.

"Thank You!" Haseena mumbled, "I'll go there," she had a sip of water, "and, you will wait for my call," she placed the glass back on the table, "just be ready with backup," she said while getting up and moving towards the bathroom to freshen up.

"It's risky," Karishma held her wrist.

"It's a calculated risk," Haseena placed her hand over Karishma's, "and, moreover, I have you this time," she said with utmost certainty, "this time, we will fight them," she continued to hold eye contact with Karishma, "and, we will defeat them."

"We will," Karishma said affirmatively as she made her hold strong on Haseena's wrist.

__________________________________

Haseena was lying down on the terrace and gazing at the stars while reminiscing the happenings of the past few months, "my life has changed so much," she thought, "I can't even believe the person, whose sight was unbearable for me—-has become a such an important part of life," her eyes refused to leave the gleaming stars, "how will she respond when I'll tell her that," she sighed as she sensed the moment behind her, "how long are you planning to stand there?" Her voice broke the tranquility of the night.

"You knew I was here," Karishma came forward and while spreading her sheet next to Haseena, she lay down beside her at a distance of a few inches.

"I just know that you won't be able to resist the temptation to be beside me," she said without turning her head towards Karishma.

"You are so full of yourself," Karishma responded after being caught red-handed in her attempts to be close to Haseena.

Haseena chuckled at her response, "then, what are you doing here?" She asked as her eyes analyzed the infiniteness of the sky, "if you are not here for me."

"I just want some peace," Karishma responded while peeking at Haseena who was still gazing at the stars, "and, to take my mind off from the happenings of tomorrow."

"Hmm...," Haseena muttered, "So, what else changed in you during my absence?" She stretched the duvet over herself as she felt a shiver pass through her body.

"I have learned to swim, as you know," Karishma answered a bit enthusiastically after seeing Haseena's interest in her whereabouts.

"Who taught you?" Haseena asked as she placed her one hand under her head and the other over her chest.

"Zayan!" Karishma turned towards Haseena, however, Haseena continued to lie down straight on her back, "he told me, you have learned to swim from your father at a very young age," she continued to stare at her, "swimming calms you down just like sketching to me," she said without removing her eyes from Haseena's face.