"You're beautiful. Very much in fact, but you're also cruel."

She looks shocked from hearing a compliment. Something you would expect her to eat up on a daily basis.

Interesting.

"How can you look like that and expect me to not feel attracted to you. I just don't get it," I say the last bit with an air of tease.

"What– what are you trying to say exactly?"

I lean back on the sofa behind us and look over at her again. This time, adding a smirk and a desperate look.
"Would you give me a chance?"

She laughs–cackles out loud as if it was the most hilarious thing. I take this chance to play with her heart strings.

I look down pitifully at my lap, and say almost as if I was going to cry, "I knew you wouldn't take me seriously.
It's fine," Glance over. "Let's forget this ever happened before Jonah gets back." Gets up and take a empty box to the kitchen.

"Oh my God, wait Julius!"

Got you.

I hear her set the box down–I can assume–as my back is still turned to her.

"What are you talking about? Help me understand. You do know that I have a boyfriend right? He's literally your best friend!"

She comes to stand in front of me.

See, when most people hit you what that line, it usually means that they are considering what you are offering.

And that's what I want her to do, at least.
I want her to consider.

"Yes, I know that." I clear my throat a little. "But does he act like much of one though?"

If your answer is yes then you are either blind or blissfully ignorant.
Either way you are a liar.

In fact he looks like he's in pain every time he's with you–

"Yes. He does! We...we kiss each other, and hug and sometimes."

Yes, I've heard all about those.

"Is that what being a boyfriend means to you? Just kissing and such?
If that's the case then I can be your boyfriend. Any one can if that's the case," I mumbled the rest.

She took a deep breath like she was choking. "So, what are you saying?"
I step closer and cup her cheek. "I'm saying, so let's not waste anymore time. Before Jonah gets back,

Just,

Just give me one chance, please?"

Add the desperation.

"Okay. Just this once."

She leaned up to kiss me.

Girls like Niviah Stiles,

are rather simple.

+
++
+

How in the hell am I going to explain this Jonah?