❤︎ Epilogue

10 years after the spell was broken and Mor'du was defeated, Meridus was finally crowned king. His mother and father had wanted to 'retire' as they called it. Their eldest son was ready to rule over the kingdom.

And honestly, Meridus had finally agreed to take over. He wanted to spend a few years training and learning more on royal duties. Plus, he wanted to go out on adventures with his beloved.

"Mer!" Blair called as she slipped on her heels, getting herself ready for the day. She aged beautifully; her blonde curly hair grew longer and her figure became that of a women. "Are you ready?" She asked as she stood from their bed. The two had started sharing a room after being together for 2 years.

Meridus rushed out of the bathroom, his hair a mess. "Yeah. Well- except my hair." He chuckled nervously as he tried to brush it to calm the crazy waves. Blair walked over and handed him a small ponytail, helping him put his hair up and out of his face.

"Mother and father are waiting." She chuckled as she pecked his cheek softly before heading out of the room. Meridus quickly followed after her, shoving a small black box in his pocket. He loved this girl with all his heart and he knew he needed a strong women to rule along beside him. Blair was the one. For him and for the kingdom.

The two quickly walked into the great hall just as the crowd was seated. The lords and their daughters had come to visit their new king and to pry about Meridus finding them a queen. Which of course, they knew would be Blair.

"Your majesty!" Macintosh and the other two lords bowed, smiling at the young lad. "It's a pleasure to see you after so long. You grew up fast."

Meridus chuckled as he gave the three lords a welcoming hand shake. "Father will love to see you three again. He hasn't stopped talking about it." He teased just as his parents had entered the room. His little brothers, the wee devils, were now close to their teenage years. But that doesn't mean they stopped causing trouble.

The Prince, well now the king, grabbed Blair's hand softly as the two walked towards the middle of the room. Meridus cleared his throat. "Everyone!" He shouted, gaining the crowds attention. "I have gathered you all today to share an announcement!"

His parents knew what their eldest son had planned. They had helped him set up everything. Elinor motioned for the small band to play a soft tune as Meridus spoke.

"I know everyone has been waiting for me to crown a Queen." He announced, hands shaking from nervousness. "And now is the time." He turned to Blair, gently grabbing her hands. "Blair. The day I met you in that cave, I felt as if fate had led me to you." He smiled down at her.

Blair chuckled as she stared into his eyes. "We met before that Mer. When we were little. The wisps had led me to you and you to me." She said as the young kings eyes widened, remembering.

"Oh that was you!" He smiled widely. "Now it makes sense." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the small black box. Everyone gasped, watching as the king knelt down on one knee. "Blair, my lovely girlfriend. Will you due me the honors of becoming my wife? My Queen?" He asked full of love.

Blair quickly nodded, holding her hand out so he can slip the beautiful diamond on her ring finger. "Yes Meridus! I would love to marry you." Everyone cheered as the two hugged and kissed.

"Finally!" Fergus shocked, clapping his hands excitedly. He and his wife had waited for this to happen. Waited years I may say.

Meridus and Blair turned to the crowd, happy expressions plastered on their faces. "Everyone is, of course, invited to the wedding!"

Fergus, Elinor, and the triplets ran up to the pair, engulfing them in a loving hug. "I'm so happy for you two!" Elinor said as she smiled at her son and daughter-in-law. "Time really has changed."

Fate is a funny thing, but it brought two people together. Two people to share their life with one another. No matter how hard things get, fate will bring them together.

My fate and yours.

THE END

(Thank you so much for reading my story! It's been fun writing! :) please comment your thoughts!!)