❤︎ Chapter Fifteen

Hiding behind a bush, the three watched as the soldiers paced around. They kept watched for any bear sightings. Elinor huffed, glaring at her son. She knew this was a bad idea. I mean, they all did but they had no other choice.

"Mom, we have to get inside." Meridus said as he sighed. "Have any other ideas?" He asked as he watched her eyes lit up. Of course she did.

Elinor motioned for the two teenagers to follow her. They snuck around, making sure to stay out of sight. The Queen led the two teenagers to a dark closed in tunnel.

"I didn't realize this was here." Meridus chuckled, watching as his mother used her strength to break open the door. The young prince glanced at Blair who stood beside him, gently grabbing her fingers. Throughout this whole crazy situation, she had supported and comforted him. Making his heart flutter just by the sight of her. "Let's go." He smiled as they followed Elinor inside the tunnel.

Elinor glanced back at the two, a small smile appearing on her face. Letting her son choose who he wants to marry would be better then forcing him to marry someone who he didn't know. She finalize was starting to realize how her son felt.

The Queen had led them through a well, making their way into the castle. A loud commotion was heard in the great hall, which confused the three. The two teenagers gently opened the door and peered inside. King Fergus and the lords were all fighting and shouting at each other. While they were gone, things went bad.

♔♔♔

"No more talk! No more traditions! We settle this now!" Lord MacGuffin held his sword and pointed it at the king, his expression unamused.

"You are the king!" Lord Macintosh yelled as he pointed his weapon at the king as well. "You decide which of our daughters will marry your son!"

Fergus growled as he shielded himself. "None of your daughters are fit to marry my son!" He yelled angrily, holding his shield up from the weapon Lord Dingwall threw. "He should choose who he wants to marry. It's his right to choose!"

"Then our alliance is over! This means war!" Lord Dingwall shouted as everyone started fighting each other again.

♔♔♔

"They're gonna murder each other." Meridus stated as he turned to his mother with worry. "You've gotta stop them before it's too late." His mother glared at him, motioning at her appearance. The young boy groaned. "I know. I know." He let out a sigh.

Blair gently grabbed his hands. "You must be the one to stop them." She said softly. Elinor watched closely at the pair, noticing how much Blair comforts him. Makes him act more mature. "You are their future king Mer. You make them stop and tell them what's in your heart." She gently placed her hand against his chest, directly over his heart.

Meridus sucked in a deep breath, nodding his head. "I'll try." He glanced at his mother. "But how are we gonna get her to the tapestry room?" He asked.

Elinor smiled at her son before gently pushing the two towards the door as if saying 'just leave it to me.' Of course, Meridus hesitated, afraid she would get caught. But he had to trust his mothers ideas.

The two teenagers opened the door and walked inside, gaining the attention of the entire room. Everyone went dead silent as the two stood in the middle. King Fergus gave them worried glances. "What are you two doing?" he asked cautiously.

"It's fine dad." Meridus reassured his father as Blair smiled at the king softly. The young prince cleared his throat. "I um.. am..." he stuttered, nervous to speak in front of everyone. "Well you see..I.." he groaned, not knowing how to start.