❤︎ Chapter Six

The next morning, Elinor was preparing Meridus for the upcoming events for today. The three clans; Clan MacGuffin, Clan Macintosh, and Clan Dingwall were arriving sometime during the day. Elinor brushed Meridus curly red hair, ignoring his protests of being able to do it himself.

Next, she dressed Merdius in an horribly uncomfortable and tight formal attire. Then she pushed a string of red hair into his uncomfortable and hideous headwear. And finally, allowing him to put on a necklace with the symbol of their clan attached to the chain.

The queen moved back a little, admiring her work. "My son, you look handsome."

"I...I can't breath!" Merdius gasped out, trying to move. The attire was squishing him. He wasn't as buff as his father, he was a skinny lad with a decent amount of muscles. And this attire wasn't helping much. "I can't move! It's too tight!"

Elinor gushed as she awed at her son. "It's perfect!" Which earned her a growl of disagreement from him.

A knock sounded at the door, causing the duo to turn towards the newcomer. "My lady-" Blair said softly. "Everything is ready." The young girl was still learning her mannerisms, addressing the elders as my lady or sir. Because of the events that were happening today, the young girl wore a beautiful light blue dress, her hair up in a bun with a few flowers pinned to it.

"Thank you, dear." Elinor smiled excitedly. The Queen turned to her son, ignoring her sons awed expression at the girl. She cleared her throat to gain his attention, startling him. "Merdius." She said softly.

"Mom?" He looked at her hopefully. He hoped she would realize he didn't want to marry a complete stranger.

"Just.." the Queen sighed, shaking her head. "Remember to smile." She turned and walked off, giving Blair a small smile.

The young prince watched his mother leave with a heart broken expression on his face. She would never understand how he felt and it doesn't seem she wants to either.

Blair walked into the room completely with a small smile placed on her slightly stained pink lips. "You look handsome." She teased. "And quite uncomfortable." She chuckled.

Merdius snickered as he let a strand of his hair poke out, not caring that his mother wanted it tucked. "It's tight as can be." He sighed as he awed at her. "You look beautiful." He complimented, causing her to blush.

"Thank you." She tried to curtesy but ended up tripping over her feet. "Ugh. There is no way I'll get used to all these mannerisms." She pouted.

The young prince chuckled at her. "Mother just wants you to fit in. But I think you fit in pretty well, just as you are." He smiled as he hesitated before gently moving a loose strand of hair out of her face. "Now let's get going before Mother sends the whole kingdom to drag me down." He chuckled as the two headed to the throne room to face the circus Queen Elinor has set up in the throne room.

♔♔♔

"Places everyone, places!" The Queen announced as Merdius walked up to his throne chair and sat down, Blair standing next to him. The room was filled with men, gathering around to stand in their places.

Elinor noticed Merdius strand of hair, causing her to walk over and tuck it back in place. The prince rolled his eyes at his mothers actions, glaring at the older women.

Fergus and the triplets finally made their was to their seats. Fergus plopped down in his chair, causing Elinor to turn to him. She started to check his attire, causing the king to swat her away. "I look fine, women!! Let me be!"