the boys tell him that you're in love with him (requested)

"Alright, I'm so ready to call it a day," Luke said as he put his notebook of songs away in his bag for the day.

"Me too." Ashton sighed as he rubbed his hands across his face.

"Hey, it's still early in the evening. Anyone want to hang out?" Michael asked as he looked between the boys in curiosity.

Luke and Ashton quickly agreed to it while Calum sat still in his seat, staring at his phone as his thumbs quickly moved across the screen.

"Cal? How about you?" Ashton asked as he leaned over and tapped Calum on his shoulder.

"What? Sorry, I was busy texting."

"It's okay. We're going to hang out and do something fun after a long day spent here in the studio. Do you want to join us?"

"Oh, I would. But I have plans with Y/N." Calum said and the boys quickly turned to look at each other with big and goofy grins on their faces.

"What is it? Why are you looking at each other like that?" Calum chuckled.

"When you say hang out, you mean...?" Luke asked.

"Hang out." Calum finished with a confused expression on his face.

"But like, as friends?" Michael asked.

"I would assume so. That's what we are. She said she made a reservation for us to have dinner at that new spot in town."

Ashton couldn't hold back his laugh and it quickly caught Calum's attention.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? That new spot in town is probably the most romantic place in the city right now."

"Romantic?" Calum asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Makes sense that she wants to take you there, though," Luke said.

"Yeah, Calum, you're so not hanging out as friends tonight." Michael chimed in as he shook his head with a grin.

"Do you think she'll finally tell him?" Ashton asked as he stared at Michael and Luke, shrugging his shoulders as he waited for them to answer.

Calum, however, was trying to understand exactly what was going on.

So many things had been said only a few seconds apart with no explanation whatsoever and although he had a feeling he knew what his friends were implying, he was letting it all sink in.

But that question especially made him curious.

"Tell me what?"

The boys all looked at him and then at each other and then back at Calum.

"Well, we were sworn to secrecy-"

"No secrecy!" Calum said. "Come on, tell me. What is going on? What are you guys saying?"

Michael scoffed and stared at his friend in amusement, only making Calum more confused.

"You seriously don't see it?"

"See what?"

"Y/N is in love with you."

Michael's words felt so surreal to Calum.

On one hand, he didn't know if his friend were being serious.

But, on the other hand, he couldn't deny that he had never felt so hopeful that he was right about something.

"And don't even try acting as though you don't feel the same about her because we know that you do. Everyone knows that you're both crazy about each other but too afraid to confess it." Ashton said.