Chapter 9: first day part 2

"Black?" "I thought she was Malfoy's sister, that's what I overheard," "Wasn't Harry's godfather a Black?" "Does that mean he was related to Malfoy?" Those were the type of whispers around the room.

Grace chuckled as she heard everyone speak. Many looked at Harry while others looked at Draco and Mattheo. "Yes, you heard right. I am a Black. My mother's maiden name was Black and she is Sirius Black's cousin. I am his first cousin once removed, as are Draco and Mattheo. As you may have noticed, I do not use my birth last name,"

"Right, well as I said. Please welcome, Miss Black, teacher of Defense against the Dark Arts." McGonagall said, yet again. Some clapped while others stayed silent.

"Is she even qualified to teach?" Someone asked. It was a boy from the Gryffindor table.

"I can assure you that Miss. Black is well qualified to teach a class," McGonagall said.

"Oh really? How so?" The same boy asked.

Grace chuckled before walking up with her arms crossed. "What's your name?"

"Ken, Ken Zen." The boy replied.

"Well, Mr. Zen, you ask if I'm qualified to teach. The answer is that I am. I did not only graduate top of my class from the school I attended but also had top grades when I attended Hogwarts. I was not only taught by a man who studied dark arts and who also taught me everything I know, Severus Snape. I was trained by one of the finest Aurors of his time, Alastor Moody. I also happen to work for the Ministry. I am a half-time Auror. With that being said, I believe I have the right qualification to work here," Grace told him.

Many people were shocked at her words and by what she worked. She stood proudly as she watched people talk around the room. Grace was one to stand proudly as she watched everyone. She smirked before looking at McGonagall who smiled at her proudly.

"I believe Grace has made herself clear that she is right to teach here. She will work as normal as anyone else here but when she is needed, she will not be here. Those were her conditions," McGonagall told everyone. "Now, onto the next announcement,"

"According to the minister, every couple will have to meet their in-laws by the end of the next month. You will all have two weeks to come to an exact date. Those who are muggle-born will have to come up with another date to meet their parents in the muggle world but apart from that, the deadline is final. Grace will give you all a paper to fill out," She explained.

Yet again, there was an uproar from all the students. Many disagreed while others questioned the rules. At the Gryffindor table, Harry looked at his friends with a shocked look.

"But how is that gonna work for me? The only family I have are the Dursleys," Harry questioned.

"I'm not sure," Hermione replied.

Harry raised his hand which many took notice of. They all looked at him which made him feel shy about all of the attention. He had gotten a bit used to it while growing up but he still felt awkward. How could he be blamed when he had thousands of eyes watching his every move and hearing his every word?

"Yes, Mr. Potter?" McGonagall called out.

"How will this work for me? My parents are gone, so is my godfather, and so is Remus. The only families I have left are the Weasleys and the Dursleys," Harry explained.

"I do not have an answer for you, Mr. Potter. You can choose to have the Weasleys meet Miss. Lovegood and Mr. Nott instead of the Dursley or you choose both families to meet them. The choice is yours," she told him.

Harry kept repeating those words for the rest of the time they stayed there like a chant. He of course wanted the Weasleys to be involved, they had the right after they treated him as their own. Molly was like a mother to him when Aunt Petunia wasn't but then again his aunt also had the right when it comes to biological family. She never treated him correctly as a child, starving him and emotionally and physically abusing him. But he knew he should get his friend's opinions on this, but most importantly he should get Luna's and Nott's opinions.