Chapter 8: First day

"Do you think it will work?" Blaise asked while sitting on Mattheo's and Astoria's bed.

"What do you mean, Blaise?" Pansy asked while she did her makeup. Finishing it off she added a rose pink lipstick.

"About this truce," Blaise replied. He laid down and looked up at the roof that Astoria had enchanted to look like a green night sky.

"Guess we'll have to wait and see," Pansy replied. She walked over to the bed and laid down. She looked up and let out a sigh. "Merlin, this thing is gonna be harder than anticipated,"

"No kidding," Theo replied while laying down next to Blaise.

"It can't be that bad, right?" As she lay beside Pansy.

"Oh, how would you know? Your fiancée is one of your best friends. That doesn't count," Pansy replied.

Mattheo walked out of the closet while fixing the cuffs of his shirt. He walked over and sat next to a chair that Astoria had added. "She has a point,"

"Can you all shut it? I'm trying to read," Draco called out while he sat by a couch that was by the balcony.

Theo and Blaise looked at each other before getting up and walking over to Draco. Devious plans were obviously in mind and the rest knew it. They could just stop them but they let them continue.

"Come on mate, join us!" Theo urged as he walked over to his best friend. One of the three boys who were like brothers to him.

Draco kept his eyes on his book but replied all the same. "We aren't eleven anymore, Theodore."

"Not like we all stopped sleeping in the same bed at that age. Pretty sure it was 15 or was it 14?" Astoria looked at Pansy for answers.

"You know Astoria, sometimes I wonder how you aren't in Hufflepuff," He questioned as the brown-haired girl just laughed.

"Probably because I am just as bad as you," She replied.

"Yeah so bad you make us all sweets and friendship bracelets," Pansy said as she looked turned to face her best friend.

"What can I say? I take after Nana Mary," Astoria told her.

"No argument here. Your Nan is the sweetest human being ever. Hard to believe she is a Slytherin," Blaise replied.

"Say that after you get a howler from her promising to rip your hairs out one by one if you ever drag mud inside her home by accident again," Theo said as he shivered at the memory. The rest laughed, even Draco let out a chuckle. Happy with those reactions he looked at Blaise with a smirk. "Now, grab him!"

Much to Draco's dismay, both Theo and Blaise grabbed him. Theo by the feet and Blaise by the arms, and dragged him to his cousin's bed. They dropped him over to Mattheo's right side while both of them made their way to their places with a laugh.
Truth be told they had always been like this. During sleepovers, they would all sleep on the same bed, but never if one boy and one of the girls were alone. They all respected each other in their own ways. Sleeping in the same bed was common for them until fifth year that is. They did it rarely now, like if one of them was sad they would all drop what they were doing and just lay down in the same bed in the same positions they were in. First Draco, then Mattheo, Astoria third, Pansy beside her, then Theo, and finally Blaise. Two boys by each end and the girls in the middle. To them, it felt safe and comfortable, like they were home even if they weren't.

Memories flowed back into Draco's mind as he lay down next to his cousin. Memories of when he would sneak around his manor with the rest to eat cookies. When he was eight and he would have sleepovers with his friends and they would jump in the beds. At age 9 when he would get in all kinds of trouble with Theo, Blaise, and Pansy. Or when he was ten and they would cause trouble for Snape. Or when he was eleven and he started Hogwarts with Pansy, Blaise, Goyle, and Crabbe. He remembers how excited he was to start school and how he was excited to come back every year. It was honestly the only way he could be away from his father. They all stayed silent. Enjoying their time together before going back to their lives.