Forty | Epilogue

5 YEARS LATER

Thinking back, the years that followed graduation barely gave me time to consider how quickly our lives progressed.

Once Draco got situated with his father's company, he was able to make changes. Changes that slowly made it so the paper no longer referred to it as Lucius' business, but Draco's.

It was a company that, as it turned out, I knew nothing about. I mean, to see a building with the Malfoy name on it was no rare occurrence, yet, it always seemed so... random to me before actually seeing all the different branches that the company had.

I grew proud of Draco and his accomplishments, and I ended up helping Draco open a new branch after I finished my internship at the ministry, that I would run.

Mostly, the branch dealt with pro-bono projects, charities, and war relief funds. However, my most recent project was what was, in my opinion, the greatest achievement of the company, mainly due to how much I cared about it.

It started when we bought up a few townhomes in Hogsmeade, with hopes of opening a program where those who didn't want to go home during the break had a place to go. After renovating the homes to accommodate an appropriate amount of students, I got in touch with my old boss in the Ministry, and she agreed to promote it.

The program had a full list of applicants within the first week of it being announced, as well as a handful who applied to work as caretakers, Andromeda being one of them.

Hermione Granger came by to teach twice a week in the summer, as she liked to take every opportunity to make use of her nearly perfect grades in school. It made it easier in many ways, as because of her official job in the Ministry, it made it easier to maintain the ties between us and the government.

Plus, she was, like, a celebrity at this point—so the kids adored her.

There were times when I couldn't help but feel like a lot of the satisfaction I got from the work I was doing came from the guilt I seemed to carry with me on my worst days. But, just like everything, such feelings would pass with time.

Other than that, the cases I dealt with involved working with other charities, as well as the occasional gala. Within the last year, the galas had become some of the most attended functions in the wizarding world, and whether the people were willing to admit it or not, they no longer saw Draco Malfoy as the man who should've gone to Azkaban. Moreover, they didn't see me as the idiot who fell in love with him, which made going outside much less anxiety-inducing. It was definitely one of the perks of Draco's whole vision to 're-brand' the company name, especially considering that I was meant to announce that I'm officially on my way to becoming a Malfoy at my next gala.

As for the others, Pansy and Theo now have a two-year-old, with another on the way.

Theo ended up becoming an Auror, which he enjoyed, even though he had to see Harry Potter's face a little too often for his liking. But, Pansy held a position in the Ministry, so, they got to see each other throughout their day.

Blaze ended up building his reputation through real estate. It always made us laugh to see him in his suit while helping Luna hand out the daily Quibbler on his lunch break. But, despite their appearances, there was truly no one better suited for Blaze than Luna Lovegood. Draco and I probably saw Blaze the most, as he often worked with Draco on projects that involved property.

As for Blair, she opened a boutique and made her way into the fashion world with her designs, quickly emerging as one of the big names that people made sure to follow. Her dresses were seen at every gala I'd host, to the point where we'd make a game out of it. But, regardless of how popular her designs would become, she continued to make dresses for both Pansy and me, insisting that we should always stand out. At least, I knew I'd never wear the same outfit as someone else, which came in handy for nights like the one I was preparing for now.