Ten | Abandoning Reality

His sweat still tainted my skin, I swear I could feel the difference on my collar bones, and I watch him leave with my mouth dry, with my hands shaking.

What had I done?

It was only then that the tears came, tears that fell silently as there's no Sirius there to comfort me now. That was what I needed: comfort. Assurance. Someone to tell me that everything was going to be okay even if I didn't believe it. What's worse, is that I had a chance to be comforted, and yet I looked to the hope of numbing it all instead of maybe a bit of conversation. It wasn't exactly like I didn't have to opportunity to do the right thing, Sirius was right there to help me through it all. I just didn't choose that, and now I feel dirty.

I chose Thomas, and it was seen in how I still feel his sweat on my collar bones, in how my mouth is still dry when the tears come.

Because he's all over me, he's forever ingrained into my skin.

I briefly peaked out into the common room to make sure he's gone, wishing I could disappear when I hear everyone starting to return seconds later and I'm closing the door. However, all of them seem to instantly know where to find me, and burst into the dorm just as I'm crawling onto my bed.

"What was he doing here?" Blair asked, while I'm still trying to process her entrance.

"Can someone please explain to me who he is?" Theo added as him and Blaze follow the girls inside, but, his annoyance is dropped the moment we lock eyes; "what'd he do?" He asked instead, discarding his previous concerns as he looked around for an explanation.

"Nothing. He just wanted to... I guess he just..." I trailed off, trying to find some explanation as to what I just did, only to come up dry. So, I settled on tears instead, quite possibly one of the most embarrassing things to have done in this moment as Malfoy is suddenly walking into the dorm room as well. "Malfoy," I whined between tears, "this is the girls dormitory."

Malfoy gestured to the other two men, "what are they? To my knowledge, they are also men. Why are you..." his expression changed slightly, "I saw that man in the hallway. Any idea as to what he was doing here?"

"Fuck off Malfoy."

"I don't stab wounded men, or women in this case. I wasn't about to slut shame you or anything," Malfoy grunted out, awkwardly looking around at everyone who turned to stare.

"You don't stab wounded men? Please, you'd keep kicking till my eyes popped out of my head," I exclaimed wildly, though I will admit his tone seemed genuine enough, despite where he had obviously erred.

I felt Blair sit down next to me, her hand on my back as I tried my best to compose myself with little success. "I-I'm honestly fine. A lot has just happened, and he caught me at a very low moment, so some mistakes might have been made, and I might be feeling a little—a tad—overwhelmed because of it," I finally explained as coherently as possible. "But, I'm fine."

There's that look again, the one that everyone seemed to exchange, and leave me questioning whether or not I'm telling the truth.

I watched as Malfoy seemed to give me a funny look, before suggesting they give me a bit of space, which was actually somewhat nice. It's only then that I notice Theo's hair. "You're wet."

"Ah yea, there's a lightening storm coming in."

"There's a lightening storm?"

"Y-yes?"

I was already on my feet, knowing there was no point in trying to save my case, and instead, hastily wiped my tears away. I promised them through rushed and broken words that I'll be back in a moment, and that they shouldn't worry. Though I'm sure it wasn't about to ease their conscious, given that their mildly depressed friend just had a breakdown, fucked her 40 year old teacher she promised she'd never fuck again, before running off into a lightening storm.