Eleven | Halloween

Pansy was looking at Malfoy at breakfast.

It made me feel like a mistress, even if all Pansy was doing was pining, even if I didn't do anything wrong.

I didn't do anything wrong. Except for, of course, getting off to my childhood bully (the one who Pansy's got dibs on), and then getting drunk with him in the kitchen.

But, everyone makes mistakes, and hell, Pansy isn't exactly a clean slate when it comes to being nice to me. She's just been weirdly tolerable lately, which is unfortunate timing as Malfoy's been...

Well, Malfoy's been something alright.

"So, do you have your costume picked out?"

I turn towards Gemma, happy that someone has broken my fixation on Malfoy and Pansy, bringing me out of my head. "Yup. I was in Hogsmeade and saw a pirate costume, figured it'd be my best bet. Are you still going as..."

"A sexy Hippogriff? Yes."

I snort, "please tell me you have something planned for Malfoy."

"Oh, you already know I do," Gemma giggles, my hands clasping together in excitement as I already know that it's going to be good. "Oh! Also. You know how the Weasley twins set up a temporary shop in Hogsmeade for Halloween?"

"Blair and George?"

"Yes. Obviously. But, besides the fact: we got a bunch of potions that make your drinks do funny things, so I hope you're ready to drink some weird shit," Gemma tells me, "Blairs already got an idea for a drinking game."

"Of course she does," I laugh, "I'm sure she got it all figured out with George."

Gemma makes a face, "ew. Please, don't remind me."

"What?" I tease, "he's an alright guy, ignoring the fact that he's a total idiot, and a Gryffindor."

"It's not that, it's..."

"Dick?"

She makes the same face, "it just seems so... unappealing, I don't know! Has me thanking some higher power that I had come to terms with my sexuality before hooking up with a man, as everything I hear about such an event now makes me want to plug my ears."

I shrug, "well, some men are less appealing than others."

Without even meaning to, I bring up the elephant in the room, Gemma lifting her head to meet my eye with something that could qualify as concern. "I didn't..." I trail off, wishing I hadn't exposed such an embarrassing decision to all of my friends as it made me unable to give a single reasonable excuse.

"He's going to have to watch his back if we ever see him around," Gemma tells me, "cause that shit he pulled was not okay."

"It's just, sometimes I just hit the self destruct button, y'know?"

"You don't have to explain."

"I know, I remember. I still feel like I have to, even if I can't..."

"Hey," she reaches out to take my hand, "don't worry about it, okay? Let's just focus on Halloween."

I agree silently, finishing my breakfast before going about my day, trying to avoid every single problem in my life and focus on my charms homework instead. Which, didn't do a lot in the end, as it turned out to be incredibly boring.

The worst bit was that despite the fact that I've just learnt that Voldemort is my fucking uncle, that Dumbledore wants me to spy, all my mind seemed to wander to was Malfoy. Malfoy and his hand over my mouth as I groped the bulge in his pants. It sent unwanted sparks through my body every time, bringing thoughts of wanting more and pulled at the pit of my stomach.