0.6

Luke

Ever since the dinner, every time I saw Michael, I would think of the engagement.

It felt like little tiny daggers in my chest because I knew that I was just his bitch that got him what he needed.

It hurt that it was all he saw me as.

He didn't like me like that and I knew he couldn't and wouldn't. I just had to suck it up and do what I came here for.

To be his servant.

I've grown to actually hate this job now. But I got a place to stay and (some) food.

"Luke!" Michael cried, making my heart speed up. I ran down the hall and burst into his room. "Are you okay?!" I yelled, looking wide eyed around the room.

"I'm fine, thank you. I just need some water." He spoke calmly, looking out the window.

I bit my tongue to stop from yelling profanities at him. He made it sound like he was being murdered, for fucks sake! I just shook my head, sighing. I was really moody and the tiniest things set me off.

Michael was an idiot, but I wanted him to be my idiot.

I just groaned at these stupid feelings of fondness towards the boy.

'Get your shit together, Luke.' I scolded, grabbing Michael a cup of water.

I honestly felt like crying. I barely slept and I didn't really eat any more. I was spent and I was going to crack at any giving moment.

I made it back to Michael's cave, swinging the door open.

I didn't see the piece of fucking armor on the floor, and next thing I know, I'm on the floor and the water is on Michael.

He stood up, water dripping from his hair. "What the fuck, Luke. You fucking clumsy bitch." He hissed, grabbing a random shirt.

"GET THE HELL OUT!" He yelled, his eyes turning a sickly green color. I scrambled towards the door, getting up, and running. I ran. I didnt care that i was going to break one of Michael's stupid rules.

I just ran down the stairs, past the other workers, and out the front door.

I ran towards the back of the castle, seeing a secluded garden in the corner.

I saw a bench and I collapsed on it, curling into myself. I started to think.

I thought about Michael, and his harsh words, how he was never going to like me, especially now.

I thought about my parents, and about how absolutely fucked up I was since, it seems, that my own parents didn't want me.

And then, everything snapped.

My chest started to ache, and my eyes clenched shut. I tried to not make any noise, but I just let it go. (If you comment frozen I will personally rip my hair out)

A lump formed, and heart-wrenching sobs clawed their way out of my throat.

Every single emotion and every single feeling started to come out. All of the bad started to burn into my skull and I couldn't stop.

I sat up and brought my knees to my chest, burying my face into them. I couldn't here the footsteps that approached me over my loud crying and I didn't realize someone was there until I was being pulled into someone's lap.

I didn't care who it was at that moment, I just threw my face in their chest and sobbed the life out of me.

Eventually, after what felt like hours, which was actually 10'minutes, I was reduced to sniffles.

I was exhausted, and felt like collapsing. I pulled my head up, meeting the face of the person I wanted to see least in the world. Michael.

I tried to be mad at him, but my eyes just filled with tears again at the mere sight of him. "Shh, Luke. Don't cry, I'm sorry, Love. I was being a dick and I'm so so so sorry." That made me want to more, but I took a huge breathe and stopped myself. "It wasn't just about that.." I muttered, snuggling my face back in his neck.

"What else was there to it, if you can tell me." Michael spoke, carding his fingers through my flat hair. I leaned into his touch, and sighed quietly.

"M-my parents. How they just gave me up out of the blue. All they told me was that they couldn't take care of me, but I knew they didn't want to look at their failure of a son. Being outed by your own parents. I must have done something so god damn terrible to be thrown out."

"Plus, all the kids I used to live by would tease me and beat me up because I was shy. They would call me things and I would take it, because I didn't want to tell my parents." I stopped, to compose myself for a second.

"I took all the backlash the world threw at me. I was already on edge from something else too, and I knew that something small would finally push me. And that just so happened to be you yelling." I sighed.

"And no, it's not your fault if you think that. I'm just weak." I muttered, curling into him more, because this will be the closet I'll ever get to him.

"Oh, Luke. That's terrible. God.. I'm so sorry. I'm such a dick. You can have a couple days to yourself, I don't want you moving an inch. I'm sorry, babe." He fretted.

"Cmon, I'll take you to bed." He whispered, picking me up.

I was surprised he could lift me. "Jesus, Luke. You're so light. Do you even eat?" He joked, adjusting me. He looked down at me and I looked away.

"Y-you..you do eat r-right?" He stuttered out. I didn't say anything as I heard him gasp slightly.

"Fuck." He whispered, now hauling us up the stairs. He set me down on my bed and I whined lowly, wanting to be back in his arms.

Suddenly, a flash of arms pulled up my shirt, revealing my sunken in stomach. I saw his eyes widen and I pulled my shirt back down, rolling onto my stomach and burying my face in my pillow.

"Oh my god.." I heard him whisper.

I felt him press a soft kiss to the back of my head, and I sat up before he could reach the door. "Please stay.." I whispered, watching him freeze and turn around.

I shot him puppy dog eyes and he caved in, locking the door and closing the curtains.

I wiggled over to one side and I felt him wrap me in arms. I made a noise of content and buried my face in his chest, feeling him rest his chin on my head.

"Night, Lukey....this isn't over." He whispered, pecking the crown of my head

AN: Thank you for 1k reads ohmygosh. You're all rad and I love ya. This is dedicated to the cutie teenageaussies bc you're a babe and I love your stories.