0.1

Luke

It was just after 10 at night, when I was falling asleep, when there was a pounding on my front door. I heard the door creak open, signaling my parents must have opened it.

I heard a small conversation go on and I picked up on it. "...in his room" and "...get him" where heard. I didn't know what it was about.

Suddenly, my door was pushed open. "Hun. I need you to get all your things together. I'll answer your questions in a bit sweetie. Please hurry." My mum spoke, sadly.

I furrowed my eyebrows and did what I was told nonetheless. It didn't take very long since I didn't have much.

I lugged my bag out of my room and down the hall. There where two guards in my living quarters. My parents had guilty expressions on their faces. I dropped my bag with a thud and shot them a confused look. "There he is." My dad said, looking down.

The guards turned and advanced towards me. I backed away, unsure of what to do. They grabbed me by my biceps and I squirmed. "Stay still, peasant." One spit out at me.

I still struggled and they gripped my arm unpleasantly tight and I whimpered, stopping all my movements together. I looked up at my parents faces, confused on what was happening. "Why are they here? Why are they taking me?!" I shouted, looking frantically at them.

Their eyes filled with tears as my mum opened her mouth. "Luke, baby, we love you but we can't keep you anymore." She spoke, guilt etching her features.

My mouth dropped and I clenched my fists. "So you're abandoning me?! You don't want me anymore?!" I screamed, tears pricking at my eyes as I realize what's happening.

"No! Sweetie, please! We never asked for this! We want you to stay but we can't properly care for you anymore! Please try and understand...." She spoke, trailing off. She wiped her cheeks and my dad wrapped an arm around her.

I bitterly laughed. "Me? Try and understand? You try getting ripped away from your parents! You try leaving your best friends!" I cried, the guards having to hold me up because my footing was giving out.

"Let's go!" The guard said, turning and dragging me out. "Mum! Dad! No please! Don't make me go! I'll be good!" I begged as they dragged me out to a carriage.

The other guard shut the door, leaving me to see the tear stained faces of my parents for the last time.

I was alone.

The carriage jolted forward. It started moving and I was left alone with my thoughts.

-----------------------

The carriage stopped and the door swung open. Another guard grabbed me and pulled me out.

We started to walk towards a run down building. He opened the door and we walked into a hallway with many doors and windows. He shoved me into an empty room and locked the door.

I curled into a ball and slumped towards the corner. The giant window was see through both ways so I saw people walking around.

And by people, I mean guards.

Suddenly, someone faintly shouted that "He's here! We need to prepare them!" A guard then walked into my room and ordered me on my feet.

"Listen here kid. The prince has arrived and he's choosing. So behave and don't do anything you'll regret." With that, he turned on his heel and walked out.

The Prince was here?!

I only ever seen pictures of him. He was quite handsome with his shimmering golden hair.

The door was opened and I heard a sweet voice.

Footsteps where getting louder as the prince was probably looking over everyone. A boy with golden hair appeared and I assumed he was the prince.

He was more gorgeous in real life.

We met eyes, my probably blood shot blue ones, meeting his sparkling green ones.

He opened his mouth and my heart stopped at his words. "This one. I want him."

A/N: First chapter (: what do you think?