𝐋 | 𝐋𝐄𝐕

1 year later

1 year later...

ROWAN STARKOV
"Mamma, mamma, mamma..."

"Yeah, I miss her too, bub." I lifted the sand mold and watched my son smile in fascination at the sandcastle before he smashed it with his small hands. I laughed and got to work on making another one for him.

He's a spitting image of his mother surprisingly enough. Blond hair almost as white as snow, brown eyes, with Gianna's nose and lips. He even has her smile, something I've loved seeing again over the past year.

"Daddy!" Sofia ran to me, slamming into me with open arms. "I grew strawberries," she whispered into my ear, holding a big red strawberry in the palm of her hand.

"Do I get the first honors?" She smiled and let me take a bite of the strawberry, it was fucking fantastic. "That is the best thing I've ever tasted, and you know what that means?"

"Strawberry. Bake fest."

"Hell yeah."

We laugh and bring our attention to Lev who snatched the bitten strawberry and sucked it into his mouth. He pulled it away and stared at it for a second before throwing it into the sand. We laughed together as I picked up Lev and stood with Sofia, walking over to the garden she has behind the house.

The day after Gianna's death was harder than the day of her death. Maybe because I knew she wasn't alive anymore for me to hunt down and bring back, or because I was now, I single dad of two, or because all anyone could say to me was how sorry they were.

I couldn't look at my baby all day after figuring out he was a boy. Gianna and I imagined having a son, raising him with Sofia, and being a father and mother to a little boy. But now we have a son, I'm raising him with Sofia, and I'm a father to a little boy.

It took Silas to pull me out of my shit and step up, he reminded me that I have a daughter who needs me more than anything, and now a son who needs me much more. After that, I stepped into the hospital room they had my son in and just... broke.

The minute I saw his blonde hair and brown eyes, it shattered me to pieces. Even though he was a baby, I talked to him and made promises that I've kept to this day. And when I stepped out of that room and into the waiting room with all the others, introducing my son.

Lev Dimitri Starkov

It took a while for Sofia to learn how to cope with the new change, we fought a lot for the first couple of months and at some point, made peace with it all. We moved back to the beach house I built for us and made Lev a nursery, but even then, he ended up sleeping in my bed along with Sofia.

Kaiden woke from his coma a month after the tragedy, he made quick action to become the Don of the Italian mafia and take over the Bratva. He also created a good alliance with Leonid, the second leader of the Russian mafia.

Leonid and Mila got married not too long ago and are living their best lives with their son in Russia. As for Luka, he separated himself from the mafia and branched off with his own businesses, he's a multi-billionaire living freely thanks to his brother.

As for Axel and Angelina, well, they are reconnecting back in Italy. Angelina is going through a lot but from what I know, Axel has been helping her onto her path of redemption.

"Is that my favorite roommates?!" Then there is Dante who is still living with us and drowning his sorrows away in parties and alcohol. It hasn't become a bad habit but, on those days, when you can tell he's missing the two people he grew close with, he goes out to let it all loose.

We're all grieving and hurting, but we're also living through it. And I mean living, not just surviving this time.

Dante walks over to the garden where we were, rushing over to Lev with a high-pitched baby voice. "Oh, my goodness, you get cuter every time I see you." He picked Lev up and kissed all over his chubby cheeks before throwing him into the air and catching him again.

My son giggled and squealed, enjoying his uncle's company. At least one of us enjoyed it.

"Look, Uncle D, our strawberries grew!" Sofia took Dante to show him the garden while I stayed behind and stared up at the small white bird watching me on a tree branch. I bit my lower lip and tilted my head at it, it copied me and tilted its head too. And I couldn't help but smile at the little bird-the same one that's been watching me since I got back to this place almost a year ago.

"We're going to be okay," I whispered.

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •