Chapter 77: Awake

Start from the beginning

The security opens it for me and I drive inside, park my car somewhere close to the gate before I unlock the door, getting out my key as I step out of the car and lock it again.

The warm wind rushes past me as I reach the front door, grabbing the house keys as I enter the house that feels too dead and quiet right now.

I make my way up the stairs, going straight into the bedroom and to my closet, not wanting to waste any more time.

I pick out some clothes that caught my eye, trying them on as I put my old clothes on a chair beside me.

I don't really feel like wearing this today but I think I might pass out due to the warm weather if I wear one of mi amore's sweaters today

And I think Silas wouldn't be so happy if he woke up- when he wakes up and saw half of his clothing has disappeared.

I then enter the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth, knowing that I didn't do that yet.

I also comb my hand through my hair, pulling it in a tight low bun not having much energy to do anything right now.

I step out of the bathroom once I'm done and instantly rush out of the bedroom.

I do the same as I did yesterday and walk down the stairs, not sparing a glance at anything in the house because I don't want to be reminded that Silas is still not okay...

I open the front door and lock it, approaching my car again as I make sure I have everything I need.

~ ~ ~

"Where are they?" I ask one of the security guards, referring to the moles they had apparently caught.

The security guard nods at one of the rooms at the end of the hall, "They're with two." The man tells me and I hum.

My legs automatically bring me towards the room as I open it, seeing the two chained up like the other people who land in these cells.

"M-Mrs. Ludovico," One of the two breathes and I need to stop myself from closing my eyes in sadness mixed with anger.

I examine both of them, one looking like he's in his 40s while the other one looks much younger than 19 years old.

"I recognize you," I chuckle, sarcasm dripping off my tongue as it seems like I found the missing puzzle pieces.

I'm glaring at the old man, "You were the one who should've killed Kayla Ambrose, right?"

I can see the two men swallow hard as only one of them gives me a tiny nod, I only recognize the one who was supposed to kill Kayla but I don't know the other one.

"And who are you?" I question the other younger boy and his eyes fall down to the ground as soon as I start talking to him.

"His son, ma'am..." The boy murmurs and a frown is displayed on my face as I lean my head to the side, this was not what I expected.