Chapter 8: Guilt

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

ϟ Silas ϟ

3 years ago - Maeve's birthday party.

"Alexander, the Nystrom family just called. We're invited to their daughter's celebration, she's turning sixteen." I overhear my mother speak to my father from the living room.

I roll my eyes and walk towards the living room. "Silas, just in time." My mother smiles stroking my hair softly. "I know that you're a little... upset, but you'll have to go too." She smiles, guilt showing in her eyes.

"Perhaps you'll find someone good for you there." My father finishes her phrase, "Please don't tell me that you're talking about their daughter." I pinch the bridge of my nose.

My mother laughs shrugging at me, "What? I once saw her, she is absolutely gorgeous." I shake my head in disappointment stepping away from them.

The smile on my mother's face vanishes and a guilty look is plastered across her face again. She steps towards me putting her hand on my shoulder. "If you want to talk to me about the mission-"

As the flashbacks suddenly come flooding back, my entire body tenses. My hands started to shake, so I hastily interrupted her, "Stop. I don't want to talk about it." Both of my parents look at each other in concern, I turn around and walk away getting ready for the celebration.

~ ~ ~

I look around the giant room of the Nystrom mansion, people were talking with one another. I was looking for Mason, well he has to be here since he's part of the Sinclair clan.

A hand was placed on my shoulder, "Bro, isn't that their daughter?" Mason nods his head towards the direction of the brunette girl.

She really is gorgeous.

"Watch out, you're almost drooling." He slaps the back of my head while I glare at him, "Sorry." He mumbles taking a step back.

"So how are you? I mean because of the missi-"

I exhale, tired of hearing the same fucking question over and over again, "I'm doing fine, great even." I answer plainly. "This is boring, I'm going for a walk." I don't let Mason answer and walk away looking for the front door.

I walk out of the house and look for a quiet place. I sit down on the hardened ground and sigh looking at the plain trees in the distance.

Fuck the mafia shit.

Fuck the missions.

Fuck everyone.

I hear footsteps behind me but I don't bother to look who it is. I don't even care if it's a fucking serial killer who is going to attack me from behind.

What am I even thinking.

"Hello? What are you doing here all alone?" A soft voice calls behind me in a low volume. I turn my head around and her eyes widen.

She wore a modest black outfit that suited her due to her bright green eyes and brown hair with curls.

What the fuck am I saying, am I on drugs?

"Are you okay? Are you a family member of the people inside of my house?" She questions me and I turn away from her. I don't want to come off as rude or anything, but today is not really my day.

"So it's your birthday party." I pretend not to know who she is, maybe she'll go away then.

She clears her throat and crouch down sitting next to me. That's not really what I expected. I see her smile as her eyes lit up. "Yes. I'm Maeve, what's your name?"

Maeve.

Maeve Nystrom.

If I told her my name she would probably freak out, many think of me as a murderer. Some a monster,

I'm not, despite that. They just recognize a part of the story, making assumptions based on what they learn from others. But who cares, no one will listen if I told them otherwise.

"Why do you want to know my name?" I snap back looking straight forward. "Maybe we could be frien-" I cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"I don't want or need friends." She looks down at her lap. I sigh and turn my head in her direction, "Why aren't you at your party?"

"I don't really have that many friends so, I don't know anyone here." I watch her movements, a frown growing on my face. "It's your birthday. Don't be sad." She looks at me and I stare back at her green eyes.

DamnFuck, did Mason drug me or something.

She exhales speaking up, "Why are you here alone then?" My jaw clenches and I look away, "No reason."

I don't want to think about it.

She sighs, "So. What are your hobbies then?" I tilt my head in confusion.

Murdering people.

Kidding.

"You're not much of a talker I see. I like drawing." She tells me.

I find it difficult to communicate with others. I only wanted to be alone myself, but the universe obviously despises me and sends a girl who never stops talking.

I look away, "I didn't ask." She nods her head slowly.

She has to leave before someone sees her with me.

"I'm going on a walk for a while. Are you okay sitting here alone?" She stands up dusting her dress. I look at her but quickly turn away again.

"I don't care, I was fine before you interrupted my thinking." I stands up too and walk towards the mansion without saying another word.

I hope that I wasn't too rude.

Who am I kidding, I'm always rude. But who cares?

Definetly not me.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

What do we think about this chapter? {HIS POV}

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

If you have ANY tips for my future writing please COMMENT them <3

- Edited - 

- Sabrina A.