Chapter 79: Aftermath

HEY BABES.

My phone crashed with the recent update causing the author's note not to show and that made me so pissed like bro- it isn't an actual chapter without my author's note 😔 BUT LOOK IT'S BACK HEHE.

SPAM THE COMMENTS BECAUSE I WANT TO 👹🎸

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Do you feel better today or still the same?" I listen to Mason interrogating Silas as soon as he wakes up, but the black-haired boy's eyes snap towards me before he shares a look with Mason.

"Answer truthfully, Silas," I warn him, knowing that he is most likely worried to tell the truth since I'm here with him.

He sighs and looks back at Mason, "Is it possible to feel worse?"

My stomach makes a turn but I hide my concern as I inhale deeply, wanting to hear what Mason has to say about this, "It's possible. It'll get worse before it gets better."

"The words of a wise man," Our heads turn when we hear Nico's voice calling out, clapping his hands together while he stands at the doorway with the others following behind him when he enters the room.

"Wished you came up with that, didn't you?" Mason chuckles, taunting Nico as he rolls his eyes in response.

"Well, he's still stable. That's good." Amaya reassures me, smiling as she checks Silas' heart monitor.

I seriously don't know why Rowan gets so frustrated by the mention of her name, I mean she's doing everything she can to help Mason, to help all of us.

I don't know what happened between this two, but whatever it is, it's not good...

I smile when Isabella and Leah enter the room too, a plate in Isabella's hand.

This woman quite literally made sure I ate breakfast before Silas woke up.

"Mio figlio,[My son] you must be hungry. I made you that soup you love to eat when you're sick." She smiles, placing the plate on top of a drawer next to Silas.

"I'm not sure it'll make me feel better this time," He groans, shifting his body a little so he can sit up comfortably.

"So, when are you leaving?" Silas changes the topic, returning his attention to me and I know that he's referring to the rescue mission, which is planned today.

"Probably in a few minutes after I change into other clothes," I tell him.

I remember that Isabella was kind to go all the way to our house to pick me some outfits because she knew I didn't want to leave Silas as soon as he woke up.