Chapter 77: Awake

Start from the beginning

I don't think she slept at all last night...

"Oh, no. It's okay, you need to rest." She smiles and I ignore her while I reach my hands towards the kitchen counter to get all of the food she made.

"I think I've done enough resting already," I breathe, placing the last bits of food on the table.

"We still can't go into his room?" The question leaves my mouth in a hurry, but I need to know for me to finally calm down.

Isabella shows me a small smile and shakes her head, "He's not stable enough, dear. Hopefully, we can go see him soon,"

It's hard to know that he's just upstairs in that room, but we can't see him.

And then Isabella manages to think positively, which impresses me every time because I could never do that.

"Where is Mr. Ludovico?" I ask, noticing that he was here yesterday night but now he's not.

"He's back at the Ludovico building, now that Silas is hurt he has to take over for a while..." Isabella mumbles, sighing when she thinks about her son again.

"I'll get the rest," She changes the topic, clapping her hands together as she takes a deep breath before walking back to the living room.

I sigh and lean my back against the wall, my head thumping with pain as I can't stand to be here one more second while Ethan is probably thinking about escaping.

Which he can never do.

"The food smells amazing," Leo chuckles as he enters the kitchen followed by the others.

"All the honour should go to Isabella, I'm still fascinated by your cooking skills," I say when I see her figure coming from behind them.

She flashes a smile as the rest take their seats at the table while I maintain standing.

"I think I'll be heading back home and then to the Nystrom building," I mumble, sending them a quick smile before I turn around to leave.

I gently bite down on the insides of my cheeks when Leah's voice is sounding through the room.

"But you haven't eaten anything yet? You should eat first and then go," I turn around at her words, not knowing what to say.

"She's right, dear. You shouldn't leave with an empty stomach." Isabella smiles.

I've never understood how she manages to show so much emotion in only a simple smile.

"I'm actually pretty nauseous, I think it's still because of the olanzapine. I'll drink some water on the way," I tell them and turn around, leaving the room before they could stop me again

I approach the front door, opening it as I leave the house. I spot my car in the driveway and stroll toward it.

I reach the car and unlock the door, stepping inside as I adjust myself in the driver's seat. I close and lock the door, starting the engine.

My gaze falls on the rearview mirror as I drive out of the driveway.

My hands are curled around the steering wheel tightly as I force myself to keep driving, noticing the security guards surrounding the area.

I'm going to visit that fucker and his two puppets again today, but also because I was informed that they managed to catch the moles in the Ludovico clan.

I'm first going to change my clothes at home and then I'll be going to the Nystrom building so I think I will be busy all day today.

I keep driving at a normal speed as I sigh, my eyes focused on the road as I lean my head against the car seat until I reach the gate to the house.