Zhongli | Tea

Date with peepaw :) sorry if it's ooc

...

After walking for a long time, you finally arrived to your date. Your date with Zhongli to be specific. He had invited you to a date through a letter which arrived in your mailbox.

-Flashback-

Dearest Y/n,

After much consideration, I have decided to push my stress away and tell you what's on my mind. I would be so lucky if you agreed to converse over tea this Wednesday evening before sunset. The choice is yours whether you want to show up or not, no pressure. Although it would delight me if you did. Take your time... I will be expecting you.

Yours truly,

Zhongli

The way he curled his y's and g's made you smile softly as you read the letter. Once you caught yourself smiling you quickly slapped a hand onto your mouth, although there was no one around.

——

It was now Wednesday and you had put on a fancy outfit, hoping it to be appropriate for this date. You smiled at the thought of you being on a date with Zhongli. He had always caught your eye as he told stories to the people of Liyue. Little did you know, you caught his eye too. He adored everything you did. The way you treated others to the way you fixed your hair. He loved it all.

You saw Zhongli sitting at the table for two, the empty chair across from him calling your name.

"Zhongli, hey!" You called out to grab his attention.

His head quickly turned to look at you, eyes wide with surprise.

"Hello, Y/n. I'm glad you made it." He smiled. "Come, sit."

You took the seat in front of him as the waiter arrived. You ordered your drink of choice and the waiter nodded, wrote your order in his notepad, and walked away.

"...So. How are you?" Zhongli tapped his finger on the table.

"I'm doing alright. I've been pretty busy but I'll live." You smiled.

"Oh? What have you been busy with?" He folded his hands together.

"Just work. Commissions have been pretty hardcore." You said.

"That's a shame. If you need help with anything, you know you can come to me right? The last thing I want you to do is overwork yourself. It isn't good for you. You know you don't have to do everything people ask of you. You're good enough as you are. You're more than enough to me." He rambled in a scolding tone.

"Zhongli, It's okay. I swear. You don't have to act like a father." You laughed.

"Sorry. I just- care about you..." He looked down at the table, fidgeting with his gloves.

You blushed. "Thank you... but you really shouldn't worry. I promise I will go to you if I need any help."

Zhongli smiled and nodded, taking a sip of his tea.

The waiter came back with your drink and set it beside you. You thanked him.

You and Zhongli continued to talk for hours. You hadn't even realized how much time had gone by until it was completely dark outside. The only thing that kept your surroundings lit were a few lanterns and streetlights.

"Oh! I didn't realize it was so late. I should probably get going now. I promised (Liyue person) that I would help them with something." you said, beginning to take out your wallet.

"No. It's okay. I'll pay. It's not... too much anyhow." Zhongli put his hand on yours.

"Oh... are you sure?" You asked. Your face heating up a little from the contact. He nodded. "Okay. I had a lot of fun. We should do this again."

He smiled warmly at you. His hand still resting on yours. He picked it up and kissed the back of it.

"I'd love to."