Diluc | Stares-PART TWO

When your friends were in the brink of literally dying, that's when you drew the line and decided to take them home. Your plan was to take them home, go back to the tavern, and have some drinks yourself.

You painfully but successfully got your friends home and had them each drink some water and stupidly left them alone.

You went back into the tavern and you were greeted by Diluc.

"Already back? Perhaps you changed your mind?"

"Heh... yeah."

You sat down at the bar in the same spot you sat before and asked for a small drink.

He happily made you your drink. There were people who ordered before you but it's like he didn't seem to care. He put you before everyone else's orders and served you within about a minute. When you received your drink, some drunks gave you a stare. As if they were envious of Diluc's sudden favoritism over you.

You made small talk with the other customers there and then with your little self-control, you finally decided to go home. You stumbled out of your chair, straightened yourself out, and headed towards the exit of the tavern.

"Hey, leaving so soon? It's kinda dangerous walking all the way home while you're drunk. Do you want me to come with you?" His worried voice warmed your heart.

"Uhh sure?" Your mind not entirely comprehending what he was offering, but his voice just automatically made it sound a thousand times more convincing. He asked one of the other servers to cover for him as he exited from behind the counter. 

He grabbed your wrist and guided you. He didn't grab your harshly or tightly, more affectionate and trying to help you instead. You told him where your house was and he was glad to help you get home. He was so patient with you the entire time. He obliged when you wanted to take a break from the long walk and that your head began to hurt.

He had an idea and picked you up. The two of you were far enough from Mondstadt for anyone to see this gentle and soft side of him. The lingering scent of alcohol and... ashes? Whatever it was, it left a permanent smell in your nose that melted your heart whenever you breathed in. 

When you reached the destination of your house he carried you inside and laid you on your couch. By that time, you were asleep. He made a quick glass of water and scribbled a small letter and set it on the table next to you. He felt like he was invading your privacy by being in your house suddenly so he quietly made his leave.

When you woke up, a pounding in your head made you rub your temples and the world seemed to spin. You looked around and saw the glass of water and the note.

Make sure to drink plenty of water

You then heard frantic knocking coming from your door which made you jump. You walked over while gripping your head still and opened the door. Your hungover friends pounced all over you while screaming.

"Y/N WE SAW DILUC CARRYING YOU LAST NIGHT WHAT HAPPENEDDDD."

"TELL US NOW"

"WE TOLD YOU THAT HE LIKES YOU"

"YOU DIDNT BELIEVE US."

"AGAIN."

"WE LITERALLY KNEW IT!"

"..."

"What."

Your friends pushed past you and looked at the note that was left on the table and began to squeal and yell.

You sighed and covered your ears.

Oh boy.