Gorou | Butterflies

I honestly don't know that much about Gorou's personality so I'm just taking  this from that one idle animation he has.)

From afar, you watched Gorou train. It wasn't exactly stalking. At least you didn't think so. You didn't think it was creepy to admire the way he holds his bow and always shoots perfectly on the center of the target each time.

Lately though, he has been getting frustrated and stressed over something which is affecting his battle skills. You watched closely as he held up the arrow to his bow, pulled it back, and released it. The arrow swiftly made its way to the target but instead of hitting the red dot in the middle, it completely missed the target entirely. The arrow flew above it and landed in the fence behind it instead.

Gorou growled in anger and stomped toward the fence. He yanked the arrow out of it and harshly threw it at area where he was standing before. He walked back and stood above the arrow, sticking perfectly out of the ground. His eyebrows furrowed and he suddenly sat down. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hands and rested his face into his palms.

You were concerned over his unusual behavior and tried to get closer to hear what he was muttering to himself.

The closer you got you saw him break down. His ears sank down to the sides of his head and you saw his back move as if he were doing short gasps. He was sniffling and short sobs came from him. You wanted to help but it would blow your cover so you kept your composure.

After a couple minutes, he had seemed to calm down and started taking deep breaths. Suddenly his ears quickly perked up. You ducked down quickly behind a random bush and held your breath.

He then sighed and stood up. The next time you looked past the bush his eyes were following a light yellow butterfly. It's beautiful wings flapping and circling around Gorou. He held out his finger to hold it. Instead, he flinched when it landed on the tip of his nose. A soft smile appeared on his face.

"Maybe I should take a break... I wouldn't be so bad if i weren't thinking of them the entire time, huh?" He began to talk to the butterfly.

You froze. Thinking of them? Did he like someone? You tried to tip-toe around the trees and bushes to inch closer. You had to try and figure out who he supposedly had a crush on. If he did. So what if he did? You didn't care.

...

Right?

As you were about to reach and area where you could perfectly hear him, of course you had to trip on a random vine. When you hit the ground, a bundle of loud noises reached Gorou's sensitive ears. Along with a high-pitched yelp.

"Hello? Is someone there?" He quickly became defensive and picked up his bow. You scrambled yourself back to your feet and ran away as fast as you possibly could.

After the noises stopped, Gorou decided to go back inside, waving the butterfly goodbye.

When you got to an area where you knew he wouldn't find you, you internally screamed at yourself in disappointment.

Maybe next time?