Itto | Difficulties

"Why can't you do any better?"

"You're such a disappointment."

"Stop being such a burden."

It was always him that brought you to the state you currently were in. Your lips quivered as you felt the warmth of your tears fall down your face. You sniffled and leaned your head back against the wall. You were crying in the worst place possible. An alleyway. You're brother had gotten you on your last straw while you were in public so you snuck away, never wanting to see him again.

"Hello?! Who's there?!" A loud, piercing voice echoed through the alley.

You shot up and loudly sniffed and wiped your eyes, about to run away again. That was until your eyes met. His eyes were a rosy orange color that glowed brightly in the dark area. His eyes widened.

"Uhhh- hello?" He turned back to whisper to about three to four other guys behind him. "Shhh. They're crying. Go away for a sec. I'll meet you at the dock later." He made a hand motion that made the men walk away.

"Um. Are you uh-..." He crouched down. Even then, he was still much taller than you.

The closer he got, the more you began to crawl away from him.

"Hey... um.. don't be like that. I know I'm this random big scary guy who you just met but uhhh- do you wanna tell me what happened?" His large hand was placed onto your shoulder.

You hesitated. You just met this guy. He had huge scary red horns that matched his eyes. He had quite a large build. He could totally pummel you. But his face... it showed pure sympathy. It's almost as if he was truly genuine and eager to know what was wrong.

"My brother... he's just a-"

"Jerk?" he finished the sentence for you.

"Heh... yeah."

"What does he look like? I would beat him in the ground if you would let me. How could someone make their own sibling..." He pointed at you. "So... so much like how you are."

You exhaled through your nose as if you were laughing.

"I appreciate that. Um... whats your name?" You tried to keep the conversation flowing.

"Oh! Of course! Right. Do you want the long answer or the short one?"

"I'm just asking your name...?"

"Ah, yeah. I have many. BUT! My legal name is Arataki Itto! What's yours?"

"F/n L/n." You responded, wiping away any remaining tears that lingered on your face.

"Wanna hear some of my other ones?"

"No."

"Aww! Don't be like that! maybe it'll cheer you up!"

"No."

He pouted and crossed his arms. He set himself down next to you.

"Anyway. So there's Arataki "The One and Oni" Itto..." He went on and on for a couple of minutes. You groaned and covered your ears.

"Hey! My names aren't THAT boring. I think they're pretty cool if I do say so myself. I earned them all." He pulled your hands from your ears.

You glared at him.

"Hm. Still upset? Uhhh- oh! Lemme tell you some jokes-"

"Please, Archons, no."

"Oh Archons? Speaking of, Raiden Shogun is a little wimp! That's right, a W-I-M-P. She pretends to ignore me but I know for a FACT she knows who I am. I mean- who doesn't amiright?" He put an arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

"I don't."

"Cheer up already! I'm tryin' my best here, y'know... ALSO, you know who I am! I told you my name and everything!"

"I forgot them all."

"What?!"

You laughed softly.

"AHA! YOU LAUGHED!" He jumped up and pointed at you, doing a celebratory dance. He pumped his fists in the air.

"Wow, you just earned yourself another name, Arataki "I'll make you smile" Itto." You deadpanned.

"Eh. I don't like that one. I guess I'll stick with it if it makes you feel better."

After a while of talking with the Oni, you completely forgot about all of your problems. After that day, you always went to him with your stress and he was happy to help you with them. He even stops mid-way through his beetle battles to support you and comfort you. Although he isn't the best at it, that's what makes him so good at it at the same time. His goofiness and his nervousness lifts your spirits and keeps you smiling everyday.

It's been so long i'm sorry guys. also thank you guys so much for 1k reads!