Breakout

The TV had been dragged away, Sheldon had gone home, and Callie and Marie were setting in for the night. DJ Octavio had fallen asleep awhile before, in his Octoling form for once. Things were finally going more smoothly, and maybe he could head back home soon.

Then, he was woken up by his phone vibrating. He yawned and pulled it out of his pocket "Marina(Gen 85)" said the caller ID "the heck does she want?" Octavio asked himself before answering "DJ Octavio, what?" He said "uh, hey, Octavio, it's Marina." She replied "how'd the party go? Haven't heard back from Naida yet." Octavio said "about that..." She took a deep breath "Naida is missing, Octavio." She said "what!?" Octavio shouted, sitting up "what do you mean she's missing!? I thought the palace was supposed to be locked up tight for that whole thing!" Marie then came outside with Callie looked uneasy from the cabin's interior.

"What the heck are you screaming about, Octavio?" She asked "let me outta here, Marie! Before I let myself out!" Octavio shouted "woah, woah, it's not that easy-" Marie was then cut off by Octavio slamming his fist and tentacle balled up to replicate a fist into the front of his snowglobe, he was getting out of here. He'd been playing nice for too long, and now someone was taking his absence for granted and it got his daughter kidnapped. Oh, he was going to rain hell on whoever thought they could get away with this. "Octavio!" Marina yelled from over the phone "we can't be rash about this, think for a minute!" Octavio used his hand and put the phone back to his ear "get me a transport home, Ida. Ember can tell at me later." Before Marina had a chance to respond, he hung up and tucked his phone back into his kimono. "Let me out, Marie." Octavio demanded, Marie was hesitant. She'd promised Cap'n Cuttlefish that she would protect Inkoplois from everything, and that meant Octavio. "Oh, screw this!" Octavio then slammed his fists into the glass for a final time, and the glass gave way. He stood up, and with a deep breath he stepped off the platform of what was left of the globe. He walked past a horrified Marie, Callie wasn't looking much better. But Octavio simply gave them a wave, and super jumped back to Cephalon HQ.

------

So he sat there alone in his train car. Although dark circles were beginning to form under his eyes, it had been a long night. While Marina had gotten him a ride home, he'd been going back and forth with Ember for hours, and it was starting to wear on him. At least she had put his Octobrush back where it belonged after he got captured again. That pistol-whipping still left a bruise on his ego. A small Octotrooper hesitantly approached him "w-we should be arriving soon, m-my Lord." He said "good." Octavio replied, then pulled out his phone to text Ember:

XxxSpicyWasabixxX: hey, should be pulling in soon. Tired as hell

Commander_flareburst: I would imagine. Your room hasn't been touched since you left. So, you can take a nap when you get home

XxxSpicyWasabixxX: no one touched the vault?

Commander_flareburst: no, sir

XxxSpicyWasabixxX: good, I need my hear

XxxSpicyWasabixxX: *gear

Commander_flareburst: lol

XxxSpicyWasabixxX: I want a nap, but I also want my daughter back

Commander_flareburst: I know

Octavio then shoved his phone back in his pocket, and let out a yawn. Sleeping in a bed was something he didn't know he missed, let alone his own. The train car slowly stopped, and the door opened the Octotrooper from before and the Octoling conductor both saluted him as he exited. And there was Ember, with two Octoleets at either of her sides, and she had a gentle smile on her face "hey." She said "hey." Octavio replied "let's get you inside." Ember responded "there's a lot to cover, and not that much time."

Octavio shook his head, this was terrifying, he should've been there to protect her. Not the other way around. And as the sun was rising, Octavio followed Ember. This was gonna be hell