Tower Control mishaps

The day had gone on without much progress. Marie had gone to cleaning her Hero Charger. Sheldon had offered to upgrade it for her, but she'd denied saying that she was good with what she had. Pearl groaned out of boredom "this isn't going anywhere." Callie nodded "yeah, what we're trying to do takes a lot of planning. Maybe we should take a break." Silence resumed, "well, it is Camp Triggerfish and Inkblot Academy for Tower Control today. And it doesn't look like Naida's been out of Octo Canyon yet." Pearl said "I dunno, Pearlie." Marina responded "Naida's been trained by the best of the best. And our version of Turf Wars are only available to the military. So, extra hardcore." Naida perked up a bit, she'd always wanted to see Inkopolis, and it probably wouldn't be the end of the world if she took a break to get some sight seeing in "please, Marina? If your that worried I promise to go easy." She said "I'm willing to join too. Tower Control sounds fun." Cody chimmed in "well, obviously, we've gotta play Camp Triggerfish. My fam-" Pearl was quickly cut off "She wants to go because her Dad owns it." Marina interjected "oh yeah, you've mentioned that in Off The Hook before" Cody responded "well, I need weapons." Naida said "Sheldon will be able to get us a kensa splattershot pro pretty easy. I'll spot you." Marina said, Naida got up "alright then, let's get going!" Pearl then shot up and ran towards the grate while chanting "Tower Control!" Cody and Marina chuckled nervously before heading after them.
----------------

After a quick shopping spree, and a stop at Cody's apartment Naida got suited up in an Anaki white tee, some shorts, Marina's old octo military boots, along with some red square framed glasses. Cody has brought his Custom Jet Sqeulcher, Pearl had her Enperry Splat Dualies, and Marina had her Tenta Sorella Brella. "Sooo, what's tower control?" Naida asked "well!" Pearl piped up "each team's gotta take the tower! There's these checkpoints around each stage so the other team can try and take the tower. Whoever's closet to the final checkpoint when time runs out wins!" She threw her arms in the air enthusiastically "huh, sounds like the ol' escort missions they'd have us do back home, remember, Marina?" Naida turned to her old friend "heh, yeah, man, Aiden was a mean Tenta Missiles guy." She said reminiscing "oh, and your gonna ignore my star aim? I'm insulted." Naida fained a hurt expression "how could I forget after you nailed me with a splat bomb?" She asked "that was one time! And by complete accident!" Naida protested "yeah, yeah, I know. Marcus still use his Neo Splash-O-Matic?" Marina asked again, Naida nodded "we're here!" Pearl shouted again, interrupting the conversation, soon joined a Tower Control match, and the timer went off.

Both teams made a break of the Tower. Cody stood up on a ledge trying his best to hit the enemy team and keep them off the Tower Marina had her Brella up in order to shield Naida, who was on the Tower with her trying to defend it, Pearl was dodge rolling like crazy attempting to be a bother. Eventually the Tower was moving along at a decent pace, it was about halfway towards the final checkpoint. Cody then hopped down after he gained his special. "Hey Naida! Watch this!" As he pulled out his Stingray, "Wait, Cody!" Marina reached out her hand in worry "what's wro-!" Cody then fell off the Tower and into the water, sending him back to the re-spawn point. Pearl had seen what happened from a higher point, and immediately started laughing, Marina only looked ahead to spread some ink, and Naida held back a giggle while doing the same.

Thankfully, they had won the match with a knockout. "Oh, man!" Pearl was practically dying of laughter in her seat next to Crusty Sean's food truck. Marina was sipping on her drink and attempting to not comment, Naida also had a drink in her hand, Cody had been trying to hide his shame with food "that's, uh, interesting..." Naida commented "it tastes good at least." Cody responded before shoving another bite in his mouth "yeah, Crusty Sean's food is pretty unorthodox. It's definitely not an Aro-Mist Café." She said "Aro-Mist Café?" Cody asked "it's this semi local join up in Octopia. There's a big ol' Café by the Palace. Had great food and drinks. I'm sorry, but the food there actually looked edible." Naida replied "don't knock it til' ya' try it." Cody points a fork at her, Naida stuck her tongue out in retaliation.

They 4 enjoyed they're morning, simply taking in the ambiance, needing a break before ink really hit the fan.

Done, and done! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry this one took a bit longer, life is like that, y'know?
-Alexsismindina💖💚