𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

TRUSTING STRANGERSKnown Also As

TRUSTING STRANGERS
Known Also As...
{THE POISONED CHALICE :: Part Two}

➶︎➶︎➶︎

     The rolling green countryside of Camelot soared past me as I raced against time- Sorry, as we raced. I almost forgot that the bratty Prince Arthur Pendragon was eating my dust.

Jaime's hooves hammered against the ground like the worry that pulsated in my mind. He huffed heavily, but hadn't yet lost his pace.
My own exhaustion made my breath ragged in a concerning inconsistency, but if we stopped now, there could be no telling what would await us back in Camelot.

Towering mountainsides caped with snowy white peaks surrounded us as we made for the dark green forest in the distance. Terrifying creatures surely hid in the shadows, ready to fest on our flesh- but, if there was anyone here who could handle them, it was me.

And the prince I suppose.

I pulled a tired Jaime to a stop at the top of a hill several miles from the forest and sent a blessing up above for the privilege of having riding pants. Should I be wearing skirts, my legs would be a bloody mess at this point.

     Shortly after, Arthur pulled up beside me as he searched the outlying trees as I did.

"What do you suppose we might find in there?" He asked.

"Nothing enjoyable, I'm sure, your highness." I answered, suppressing a glare. "Maybe a mighty Minotaur for you to slay and bring its head back as a trophy for your valor, sire."

Arthur frowned as he gave me a mocking smile. "I'm sorry, did I do something to offend you?"

I raised my brows in mock surprise. "Why, my lord, nothing at all. I mean, you're only here to prove to your father that you're a big prince who can make his own decisions. What would be wrong with that?" Before the prince could retort, I gently kicked at Jaime's sides to ease him on.

Before I could get too far, Arthur brought his horse around, cutting me off.

"If you don't mind-" I hissed through clenched teeth. "I'm trying to save my friend."

"I am too-" The prince paused and shook his head. "My servant, I mean. He sacrificed his life for mine. I'm not going to let him die just because my father tells me so. Do you have any idea what I'm risking? It is not beyond me that some severe punishment awaits me if I come back alive."

THE OUTLAW 𖤓 A. Pendragon {1}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara