Chapter 30

Continuing from last chapter

I go to the locker room and switch into a night guard uniform so the bots and the other night guard won't notice. I never ran into the night guard before and I hope it stays that way. I know it's not exactly my job but no one will question it.

I quickly made my way over to Monty golf before the doors of the attraction could lock. I took the flashlight off my belt and looked around.

THUD

I turn around scared for a moment until I realized it was Monty. "Shit man, you scared me. Maybe don't just jump out of nowhere." I say holding my chest. "y/n? Why are you in a night guard uniform? Also sorry I thought you were Vanessa, I was gonna try and scare you out of my place." He explains. "Oh so that's her name. Well I'm wearing this so I don't get caught and questioned why I'm sneaking around corners after hours. I'm trying to look for Bonnie though sense this was....the last place he was." I say looking down. Monty takes the security hat off, ruffles my hair then puts it back on. "It's alright Cher, don't need to explain yourself. Once I knew it was you I knew why you were here. Let me help at least, I don't want anything bad happening to you either." I flash him a quick smile. "Sure, I can use the help anyway so thanks." He hums and follows me along his course.

"Where you the one who found his pieces?" I ask. "No, the night guard did." He says. "Vanessa or is there another one?" "Vanessa is the only night guard but what made me question is why she was in my attraction. You know during the night our attractions get locked up unless one of us animatronics unlock it automatically with our sensors. Though I know the night guard or anyone for that matter isn't supposed to be inside one of them so that's why I was gonna scare you out if you were Vanessa. I don't exactly trust or like her." I process everything he's saying and I quickly take out a notepad to write it down. "That actually might help, thanks." "No problem little detective." He chuckles and so do I.

We were discussing our theories on Vanessa and how she might connect to Bonnie's disappearance. Nothing really fully connected but Vanessa is on our suspect list. Maybe I can talk to her on her way out in the morning.

Me and Monty just sat in silence on his catwalks. "Remember when I hurt my arm and we were chilling up here when Bonnie came up and made fun of me for jumping off things and running into walls?" I say letting out a sad chucke. "....You really miss him, don't you?" He asks in a worried tone. I nod not wanting to talk, scared ill choke out and sob again. "It's gonna be okay sweets. I knew Bonnie, he was a strong one and always pulls through. Once we find him, we'll fix him and you two will finally be together and things will go back to normal. Believe it or not...I miss him too." I look up at Monty and he shows a downcast smile. "Yeah hopefully we find him." Me and Monty held each other's hand for comfort as we silently mourned over our lost friend. (They hold hands as friends, just wanna make that clear.)

After a bit, me and Monty part ways and I go to Freddy. "Hey Freddy?" I ask walking in his room. "Oh hello little one, why are you in a night guard uniform?" He asks. I sit down next to him on the couch taking the hat off. "I was looking around for Bonnie and didn't want to get caught." I explain. "Well what brings you here?" I look up at him and hug him. "I know you and Bon were close before I came along I wanted to know if you were okay and that if you also need anyone I'm here too." He hugs me back. It was quiet but I felt a few tears drop on my back and head. I pull from the hug and look at Freddy who was trying so hard to contain his tears. "Hey its okay to let it out. I know you miss him a lot too." I say softly making him weep even more. "I-im truly sorry y/n. I do not mean to get so emotional." I widen my eyes. "No no Freddy, it's okay. That's normal, it's better to let it out. We're grieving over a friend I don't blame you for crying, I sobbed into Chicas arm for a good 15 minutes." He sniffles and looks at me with watery eyes. "You did? Are you okay?" I just realized I accidentally outed myself. "O-oh yeah, don't worry but I felt better once I let it out. We can talk about it if you want." I suggest and he nods. "Yesterday night he seemed so happy. Me and him talked while we were cleaning up after your guys date. I feel upset I didn't get to say goodbye." Freddy looks like he's about to ball his eyes out. "I'm sorry Freddy, I am. I promise you once we find him, I'll fix him up and things will go back to normal." Freddy brings me into another tight bear hug. "Thank you." I hug him back and smile. "No problem.". We talked for a little longer until it was time for me to leave.

I changed back to my normal uniform and waited by the entrance to see if that Vanessa girl would show up. "Hey who are you?" I snap my head to the right and see a tall, blonde, green eyed, lady walking towards me. "I'm a day time worker, I just show up early. Your Vanessa right?" She stops a few feet in front of me. "Yeah I am." She says with her hands on her hips. "Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about Bonnie? I was his bartender in his attraction and we were good friends, I just want to know what happened to him." I explain but she shoots me a dirty look. "Friends? With a machine? Whatever, what are your questions?" I smile and take out my notepad and pen. "You were the one who found Bonnie's pieces left in Monty golf, correct?" I ask clicking my pen. "Yeah." She answers blankly. "What time did you enter Monty golf?" "I don't know around 4:30am?" I quickly write it down. "Did you know Bonnie went into Monty golf?" "Yeah, I saw him enter at around 4:12am on the cameras but I never saw him come back out so I went in to see where he was." She answered again. "How did you get a key to enter the attractions at night? You do know they are locked to every employee, including night guards." Vanessa didn't seem to like that question. "Who are you? The police? Enough questions, I'm going home." She says storming past me. "Thank you!" I shout back and pull out my phone to stop the recording. I recorded her secretly incase she slips up, which she did. Now I got a lead onto something she might know that I don't yet.

While thinking I decided to text my boss.

You: Hey can you send me the footage of Bonnie going in Monty golf?

Boss: Yeah I'll put it on a hard drive for you once I get to the plex. I'm also very sorry about Bonnie, he was a good one.

You: Thanks and it's fine I just want to bring him back. Also do we have keys to get into the attractions at night once they lock?

Boss: Yes we do but I'm the only one who has them, no one else is allowed to. Why do you ask?

You: Monty said Vanessa went into his course during the night and that's how she found Bonnie's pieces. Did she not tell you?

Boss: No she didn't. I'll have a talk with her, thank you for notifying me.

You: No problem.

"BOO!" "AHH!"

SLAP

"Holy shit! Nick I'm sooo sorry!" I panic grabbing his face and looking at his cheek. "Hahaha I'm sorry I should've known better than to scare you once you kicked me in that snack bar." I let go of him and shake my head. "Yeah your the worst. This teaches you not to sneak up on me. Anyway sorry, I'll get you some ice for that." He waves his hand around. "Eh don't bother, ill be fine. I heard about Bonnie by the way...how you holding up?" I look away from him and hold my arm. "Not the best. I really miss him..." Nick hugs me. "I bet. Don't worry, you have all our help to find him." I hug back tighter. "Thanks." I whisper and he pats my back. "Now let's go get you some coffee, you look exhausted." As soon as he said that I yawn. "Yeah I was up all night trying to find something that led to him." He starts pushing me out the doors and towards his car. "Look I know you miss him and want to find him but that doesn't mean neglect yourself for him okay?" I sigh knowing he's right. "Okay. Let's go get that coffee I need the energy." I say getting in his car and him driving us to a Cafe.

We get the coffee and go back to the plex. "This is gonna be a long day." I groan and Nick does the same. "Meet you for lunch?" He asks and I nod. "Sure, your treat." At that we part ways and start work.