Before leaving, she gives Terri a kiss on the cheek and heads towards the front door. With her hand on the doorknob, she stops and turns to me.

"Thanks again, Andrea," Tanya begins to say. "I know it's unlikely hiring someone on the spot before interviewing them...I would have asked my sister or mom, but they live miles away from me." I noticed a touch of sadness in her voice.
"Shana is my only family here."

"I understand" I nodded. "She's my only family here too...and don't worry, Terri is in safe hands," I reassured her.

After Tanya left, I took the time to read the detailed schedule;

7:30 - 7:45 am - Breakfast
8:30 - 10:30 am - Activity/ TV time
10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Independent play
12:00 pm - lunch
1:00 pm - nap
2:30 pm - wake up from nap and have a snack
2:30 - 4:00 pm - Outside time, take a walk
4:00 - 5:30 pm - free play
*I should be home around 5 pm to fix Terri's dinner.

Once I was done reading the schedule, I looked up at Terri and smiled.

"We're gonna have fun?" Terri coos at me. "Yeah, we're gonna have fun," I sighed, not knowing what to do. Oh yeah, the schedule. Duh.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

Though I tried my hardest to put Terri down for her nap, it was difficult. So I decided to take her outside a little bit before 2.

I got Terri dressed in a cute denim overall dress; Tanya left her this morning. Before strapping Terri into her stroller, I filled her lunch box with Chex mix, grapes, and a juice box.

I strapped Terri into her stroller, grabbed the extra set of house keys, and we headed out the front door.

I followed the way Shana drove till I found myself at a familiar landmark; The record store.

Stopping in front of the store, I immediately thought about the cashier who tried giving Layne her number. The toxic side of me lowkey wants to go in and convince her that I just gave birth to Layne's baby.

"Should I?" I ask Terri as I lean over the stroller. Terri looks up at me, a confused frown on her lips as she chews on her grapes.
"Ugh, fine." I go to turn the stroller back around and immediately bump into someone.

It's Jerry. And next to him is Layne.

"Whoa there," Jerry says as he holds my upper arms, preventing me from knocking myself and the stroller over.

"Hey, guys, sorry about that," I said as I gathered myself back to my feet.

"Don't worry," Jerry begins to chuckle. "I don't mind catching you in my arms."

I see Layne rolling his eyes at that comment.

"How are you doing, Andrea?" Layne asks me, stomping a cigarette on the ground.

"Good, I'm good," I breathe out. Every time I saw Layne, he appeared cuter and taller than the last time I saw him. Staring up at him, I forgot about the stroller in front of me until they both looked down.

"Who's your little friend?" Layne then asks me.

"Oh, this is Terri. I just started nannying for her mom."

"Oh yeah?" Layne asks before squatting down in front of Terri. "Hey, pretty girl."

"Hi," Terri shyly whispers. Jerry squats down as well, giving her a fist bump. I sense her quickly warming up to them.

"How old is she?" Jerry asks.

"1 and a half," I tell them before asking, "So what are y'all up to?"