Chapter 13

Are you ashamed of how your little girl turned out?

You'll see a monster

You say it's danger

And I'm in denial

But somehow I feel so safe right now

I'm a fool in love 

Unknown

She looked down at the sonogram pictures in happiness yet with a twinge of sadness. While she and Isaiah were supposed to be focused on the birth of their children, he was more determined to be with Kamari now that she was with someone else.

And yes she said children.

Twins run on her family and she herself was a twin, though her friends didn't know that tidbit about her.

It upset her more than anything to see that the man she loved for the past few years to not want her anymore. It hurt more that he wanted one of her best friends, a best friend who in her opinion was the least attractive out of the bunch. Yes, she had love for her friend and always she just couldn't get over the fact that she stole the man that she loved without trying.

Sure Kamari and the rest of the girl's didn't know about her fling with Isaiah but who would? She went through men like someone who went through tissue when sick. Imagine her surprise when Kamari walked into school holding hands with Isaiah, approached the girls and said that they were dating. At first she didn't care so she never brought up the fact that she knew Isaiah too well. But when he got into a fight with Kamari for the first time in the few months that they were together he sought comfort in her. He never told her why he did but a bond formed between them.

They talked for a few weeks before they actually started sleeping together. During that time him and Kami were broken up. She felt guilt knowing she was sleeping with her friend's ex but they were exes right? No harm no foul. Well that was what she thought until she saw Kam and Isaiah walking down the hall holding hands. All he did was glance at her without saying a word.

For the first time she knew what it felt like to be heart broken. It was her who usually did the heartbreaking, the girls often warned her that she'd find herself in a situation where the roles were reversed.

Man did they hit the nail on the wall with that one. But none of them could have expected this.

When she confronted him he told her that he had feelings for them both and just wanted to see where it would take him. They argued until finally she resolved that she would make him fall for her and he would break up with Kamari. She built in her mind that Isaiah was hers while Kamari was the other woman.

Fast forward a few years and the only change in the situation was her falling pregnant and his engagement to Kamari. The engagement was what sent her over the edge. She lost it on him and you know what he told her?

"Babe calm down, relax. If you really loved me you'd want me to marry her so that I can get some influence in the business world. Once I've gotten what I needed we can finally be together."

She really believed him to.

Her phone ringing on the counter caused her to put the picture down and walk towards it. Seeing that it was Elle she picked up.

Putting on a fake cheery voice she answered, "He baby girl what's up?"

"Heyyy! So I am heading to the Diamond's house to set up for the baby shower. You have the balloons and the cake right?"