Chapter 7

How strange it is 

to fall in love with a complete stranger, 

but how even more strange 

it is the moment you feel as if you've known them 

your entire life.

~mason fowler 

Kamari

She stared at the phone in complete and utter fear. Not even the fear of death could measure up to what she was feeling at the moment of having to speak to her mother.

Kristel Bishop was a force to be reckoned with and that was no joke. She was fiercely protective over all her babies but Kamari especially. But what mother wouldn't be after nearly losing their only daughter to a psychopathic maniac?

Though they don't talk about the incident much, her mother, two brothers – Kaden and Karter – along with Elle & Lexi's families moved from Alabama to a small town in California. Their grandparents and uncle were already living out their so it made moving across the state that much easier. A few years after the move is when Kristel met David, Kamari's stepfather and only father figure she'll ever recognize her lifetime.

Upon meeting David, Kristel and her family were weary around him. They didn't want any man around them, Kamari to be specific. But when Kamari and David met for the first time an instant bond was formed. She convinced her mother to give him a chance as she saw good in his heart.

Since then their little family of four grew into a family of five and soon after, 7. After David and Kristel married, Kristel birthed them a set of twins – Kasen and Karson. Yea, her mother named them all Ka's – her oldest boys Karter and Kaden at 26 years old were splitting images of their father. Tall, dark and handsome they were but they got their mother's loving personality. All of her kids did.

While Kamari herself was a splitting image of her mother with a slight lighter skin tone than that of her brothers, the youngest boys were a nice lighter shade of caramel with light brown hair and eyes to match.

A perfect blended family if you will.

Now despite the new additions to the family, everyone including the younger boys were still protective over Kamari. Some may even say overprotective. But that didn't really both Kamari as much as it used to since she figured out how to navigate through that.

Although Kamari knew hot to settle her family, what scared her right now in this moment was the fact that in she didn't know if she could at this time. She knew that they were going to be angry but what actually terrified her wasn't the anger, no it was the disappointment she'd have to face.

Pushing Lorenzo away she gathered the courage through a small prayer and picked up her phone. She gave Lorenzo a look to which he returned.

"Answer it amore."

"Go away Lorenzo it's my mom."

"I know and that's why we'll answer it together."

"Lorenzo Now isn't the time for games! Please just give me a moment to talk to her."

"Amore, I don't like repeating myself. Answer. The. Phone."

Without blinking she blurted out the unthinkable. "Give me a minute to talk with my family and I'll stay married to you. No more mention about divorce AND I'll move in with you I don't care just please."

Taking a minute to think about, Lorenzo finally sighed nodding his head. "I'll give you the room but I'll be in the kitchen." With that he walked away towards the kitchen.