Chapter 23- Just doing it.

Deciding to not wait and just do it was the best decision we could have made.  Redneck style baby all the way. Is there any other? We got engaged in the end of April and Married in October of the same year and I am so excited. 

We chose our colors out of a hat. Purple and blue it is. I made lists of what we needed to choose and we took turns choosing things often times flipping a coin. The wedding cake and decorations and all the other little stuff does not matter. What does is that we are going to make promises in front of our family and friends. That we are going to make it legal. In my eyes the last few years were more important then that promises. Yes they matter but actions speak louder then words.

We spend the night before apart. Her in her truck and me in mine. We did some things traditional and some things not. Jay did not see my dress and I did not see her outfit. She has me in suspense.  I know its not a dress or skirt but after that its a mystery. 

The morning is bright and not too hot. We chose to start the actual ceremony later in the afternoon. At four I leave Jay to get ready. She holds my hand and asks me if I am sure? I nod and kiss her knuckles. We didn't kiss at all that day till the ceremony was over and we were married. 

I get ready in our room with the help of Pip and Nancy. Dallas is there too, I asked her to be my maid of honor. She cried and hugged me so tight. She is dressed in a knee length purple dress with blue flowers. I asked Pip to be my second bridesmaid and she agreed. Small and simple. 

I did want to go with something borrowed rhyme and I am chose my items with care. Something old was gifted to me by Nancy. She gave me a pair of earrings she wore on her wedding day telling me that she wanted her daughter to wear them and as much as Jay was her daughter it was a no go. They were simple diamond studs and looked perfect with my dress. My new came was something I chose. I purchased us four ladies matching necklaces. Teardrop shaped gemstones. Different colors to match our dresses. My borrowed came from Dakota. I borrowed a small ducky that I tucked in my flowers along with my something blue. Boo's leash wrapped around my handle of my flowers. She is never far from me. 

Where does Nancy fit in? She is going to walk Jay down the aisle because Glen asked me if he could do the honors of walking me down. I have parents finally. Of course Dakota is our flower girl, she is being walked down by Duke and no I did not forget Silas. She will be on Dakotas other side. All dressed in there finest. 

At five thirty I am blindfolded and hold Glens arm as I walk out to the spot Jay and I picked out for first looks. I feel myself being handed over to her. I step back and grab her other hand. The blindfolds are removed but I cant see her yet. We are back to back. The photographer does her thing and we turn around. 

I am stunned. She is so handsome? Dapper? Sexy? All of the above. She is dressed in dark grey slacks, a blue button down and purple suspenders. She has a rainbow flower pinned to her shirt and I think I could orgasm right there. Ohh my lord. 

I knew nothing about Emma's dress at all. She was tight lipped about it.  So when I turned around and see her in it I was blown away. Its white and has blue and purple at the bottom. Its so unique. Her flowers are rainbow like mine. Our ode to the community she has taken to so much. She lifts it to show me our matching boots. That was the one thing I did know. She looks beautiful and I tell her this. We take a bunch of pictures then take some with our parents and Dallas and our pups and of course our daughter. 

By the time the guests have arrived we are done and get ready for the big part. The part where she takes my last name and I vow to always love her. Its an easy vow. The whole ceremony takes twenty minutes. Short, sweet and to the point. 

Then comes the party and let me tell you its epic. Lots of food, lots of fireworks and bomb fires and trucks galore. Instead of doing a large cake we wanted to do a dessert bar. Something for everyone to like.