Flight of the Fat Lady

Today was the longest day of Estelle life. Ron and Hermione were fighting about Scabbers and Crookshankes, Estelle could tell Hermiione felt bad about the whole thing, but if Estelle was being honest she would pick Crookshankes over Scabbers anyday she had a off feelng about that rat. Harry still couldn't go to Hogsmeade, Estelle offer to sign it but Hermione said that it was againest the rules blah blah blah and that they would both get into serious trouble.

Estelle snapped out of her thoughts do to Lavender Brown crying. Parvati had her arm around her. And was explaining something to Dean Thomes and Seamus Finnigan who looked very serious.

"What's the matter, Lavender?" asked Hermione aniously

"Are you alright?" asked Estelle most likely no do to her crying but they could be happy tears, yeah....no.

"She got a letter from home this morning whispered Parvati "It's her rabbit, Binky. He's beenn killed by a fox"

"Oh said Hermione "I'm sorry, Lavender"

"I'm sorry as will, Lav" said Estelle

"I should have known! You now what day it is"

"Er-"

"The sixteenth of October! That thing you're deading, it will happen on the sixteenth of October. Remember? she was right, she was right!"

The whole class was gathered around her now, Seamus shook his head seriously. Hermione hesitated, then she said "You- you were dreading Bonky being killed by a fox?" oh boy Estelle thought

"Well, not necessarily by a fox" said Lavender, looking up with streaming eyes " but I was obviously dreading him dying, wasn't I?

"Oh" said Hermione. She paused again- then-

"was Binky an old rabbit?

"No-no! sobbed Lavender "H-he was only a baby"Pavati tightened her arm around her

"But then, why would you dread him dying?" said Hermione

Pavarti glared at her, Estelle tugged a her robes to stop but she didn't

"Well, look at it logically " said Hermione, turning to the class " I mean, Binku didn't die today, did he, Lavender just got the news today- Lavrnder wailed louldly

"Hermione stop, this not a good time for is" Estelle said in Hermionee's ear

"But she can't gave been dreading it, bescuse it was a real shock- " said Hermione

"Don't mind Hermione, Lavender said Ron loudly "she doesn't thonk other people's pets matter very much" Estelle deadly glare at him, should Hermione have said these things, no. Was Ron comment unnecessary, yes. Hermione was Estelle ride or die, she would choose her every time.

This was not fun to say the lest, Hermione and Ron where glaring at eachother the whole time. McGonagall said Harry couldn't go to Hogsmeade. Estelle was now with Ron and Hermione who were fighting the whole time. Estelle was sick of it.

"Would you two stop, where at Hogsmeate for goodness sakes, and we're going to have a fun time, Hermione can't control her cats every move, so gave her a break. Ron understand that he's your pet and that you love him every much and that it's hard to see him scared but Hermione trying her best to get Crookshanks undercontol" she took both of there hands' "now I want some candy so come on".

When they got back to the school they found Harry in the commen room. Estelle ran up to him and give him a kiss on the cheek which made his face go red. Ron drop a butt load of sweets on the table.

"Got has much as we could carry" he said

"thanks" how was it, where'd you go" asked Harry, they all started to him all about it, Estelle laid on Harry's shoulder. Harry put a blanket around the both of them. Ron and Hermione looked at eachother with smirks there face.

"What you do, Harry" said Estelle

"Did you get any work done" asked Hermione

"No," said Harry " Lupin made me a cup of tea in his office . And then Snape came in" Estelle made a fake throwing up noise at the mention at Snape name. Harry told them about the goblet. Ron's mouth fell open.

"Lupin drank it" he gased "Is he mad!" Hermione checked her watch

"We'd better go down, you know, the feast'll be starting in five minutes. Estelle got up and yelled food.

They hurried through the portrait hole and into the crowd, still discussing Snape.

"but if he-you know" Hermione dropped her voice , glancing nervosly around "if he was trying to-to poison Lupin-he wouldn't have done it in front of Harry"

"Yeah,maybe" said Harry, as they reached the Great Hall. It had been decotated with hundreds of and hundreds of candle of clandle-filled pumpkins, a cloud of fluttering live bats and many flaming orange stremers, which were swimming lazily arcoss the stormy ceiling like brilliant watersnakes.

The food was amazing to say the least, everyone had helped themselves to seconds. They were having such a good time even Malfoy yelling the " The Dementors send their love, Potter" didn't get Harry down. But when Malfoy yelled that at Harry, Estelle yelled back to him "So do the Hippogriffs" which made the whole Gryffindor table laugh.

Estelle, Harry, Ron and Hermione followed the rest of the Gryffindors along the usual path to Gryffindor Tower, but when they reached the corrider which ended with the portrait of the Fat Lady, they found it jammed ith students.

"Why isn't anyone going in?" said Ron curiously

"The portrait seem's to be closed" said Estelle

"Let me through,please" came Percy's voce, and he came bustling importantly through the croweed. "What's the hold up-here You can't all have forgotten the password- excuse me, I'm Head Boy-"

And then a silence fell over the crowed, from the front first, so that a chill seemed to spread down the corridor. Thy heard Percy say, in a suddenly sharp voice "Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick"

"Well this can't be good" said Estelle, Hermione, Ron and Harry all nodded in agreemen

"What's going on" asked Ginny

Next moment, Professor Dumbledore was there, sweeping towards the portrait, the Gryffindors squeezed together to let him through, and Harry, Estelle, Ron and Hermione went closer to see what was going on.

"Oh my" gasped Hermione and grabbed Estelle arm

The fat Lady had vanished froom er portrait, which had been slashed so viciously that strips of canvas littered the floor, great chunks of it had been torn away completely.

Dumbledore took one quik look at the ruined painting and turned, his eyes sombre, to see Professors McGonagall, Lupin and Snape hurring towards him.

"We need to find her" said Dumbledore. "Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in castle for the Fat Lady"

"You'll be lucky!" said a cackling voice

It was Peeves the poltergeist, bobbing over the crowd and looking delighted, as he always did, at the sight of wreckege or worry.

"What do you mean. Peeves?" said Dumbledore calmly, and Peeves's grin faded a little. He didn't dare taunt Dumbledore Instead he adopted an oily voice that was no better than hos cackle.

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor,sir,dodging between trees, Crying something dreadful" he said happily " Poor thing" he added , unconvincingly.

"Did she say who did it" said Dumbledore quietly

"Oh yes Professorhead" said Peeves, with air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. " He got very angery whhen she wouldn't let him in, you see" Peeves flipped over, annd grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs "Nstty temper he's got, that Sirius Black.

'Father dearest has done it again" said Estelle

word count: 1290