"Actual" Ending

A/n: I felt really really really really really really really really really really really guilty about that last chapter. It sucks. So I thought for many weeks on how I could end this story properly, and give it the proper send-off you guys/gals deserve. So here.
Mini-recap: basically Aurey is on the verge of death, only save-able by Cianite, the God of death and father of Mianite, Ianite, and Dianite. However, Cianite was banished to the void upon going rogue. The adventurers seek his aid, only to encounter Lord Brokkr, the fortress guard. When we last saw them, they had just defeated him.

CaptainSparklez POV
Running past the corpse of Brokkr, I sprinted into the fortress.
The first thing I saw was Aurey, now standing, and looking to be in good health.
"Erin! Your alive!" I shouted, before crushing her in a hug, the gods chuckling softly at our behavior.
"Yes, but at a price. When Cianite healed her it also gave him enough power to rise again. We estimate 2 cycles before the land will be destroyed unless he is contained," Dianite said grimly.
"How can we help?" Tom and I asked in sync, after everyone re-greeted Erin.
Ianite shook her head sadly, "You cannot. You would be killed almost immediately. It took the combined efforts of the three of us to merely subdue him enough to throw him into the void."
"But-I-we--" I stuttered. I can't just leave them to deal with a threat alone! Tears began to well up and threatened to spill.
Dianite chuckled, "Sparklez, always the hero."
Wiping away a stray tear with her thumb, Ianite knelt in front of me, "It's alright. Destiny wove this path, and we must walk down it. Know that you will always be my champion," she said with a sad smile.
I nodded to show my understanding, before walking back to my friends, and being enveloped in a hug by Erin.
Turning our attention back to the gods, they began chanting quietly. A soft light enveloped us, and my mind went black.