[7] Acute Irritability

Chapter 7
Acute Irritability

• ───────────────── •

Believe Jenica when she said she tried her best to be the best housemate to Jeremy but he really makes it hard for her to do so.

Gusto nang maiyak ni Jenica nang marinig niya ang alarm clock niya. Hindi pa siya nakakatulog! Bwiset na Jeremy 'yan!

Padabog siyang bumangon mula sa kama niya. She glared over at his door. Of course, he's not awake yet! Eh ang ingay niya kagabi.

She was about to go to sleep when she heard the television at the living room. Mukhang kararating lang ni Jeremy mula sa duty niya. She wasn't surprised that he had to go home at this hour. Baka marami rin siyang pasyente ngayon. She can't blame him for going home late.

She tried her best to understand her housemate but the thing is she can't sleep! Tapos ang pinapanood pa ni Jeremy ay suspense thriller. Napakaraming violence, barilan, at kung ano-ano pa!

Hindi na natiis ni Jenica ito. She marched over at the living room to ask him to lower the volume. "Wala na bang mas ilalakas pa d'yan?" she asked sarcastically.

Jeremy looked confused. Dahil lutang ito mula sa trabaho, mas nilakasan pa niya ang volume ng TV. Nagulat naman si Jenica sa ginawa niya. "No, no, no! Argh!"

"What?"

"Can you please lower the volume down?" Jenica requested nicely. She figured rhetoric questions and sarcasm won't work with Tired Jeremy.

"But you asked me for a higher volume."

"Yeah, that was sarcasm."

Madali namang kausap si Jeremy. He immediately lowered the volume of the TV. "Is that okay?"

"I can still hear that. Sige pa."

"This?"

"Sige pa."

"How about this?"

"Lower."

Jeremy looked at her ridiculously. "Edi hindi ko na narinig yung pinapanood ko? Tanggalin mo na lang kaya yung tenga mo?"

"Look, I still have duty in the morning. I can't sleep if it's noisy," Jenica pleaded.

"This is gonna be my only time for leisure. I deserve a break," Jeremy argued. "Just use ear plugs so you won't hear any noise." Then he paid attention back to the show he was watching.

Jenica tried to follow Jeremy's suggestion but her earphones are not necessarily used for noise reduction. Masakit din ito sa tenga.

It took a while for her to get her sleep but she was restless in bed. She kept tossing and turning every time she heard something from the television. Nakatulog lang nang maayos si Jenica nung pinatay na rin ni Jeremy ang TV.

And before she knew it, her alarm clock woke her up.

Bago pa siya may gawin na pagsisisihan niya, inalala na lang niya kung para kanino niya ginagawa ito. Para kay kuya. She took several inhale-and-exhale cycles before she went past Jeremy's door.

Ginawan na lang niya ang sarili niya ng kape. Baka sakaling kumalma siya kapag nakainom na siya nito. Iyon na lang din ang panlaban niya sa antok ngayon. Sana gumana.

* * *

The coffee didn't work. Lorraine notices how Jenica is extra cranky today.