26

King's POV

It's been a week. An entire week without Chanel. I don't know how I'm still alive.

Kimmy was rambling and shit in front of me at the lunch, I wasn't really listening, just nodding and saying 'Uh huh' 'Yeah, for sure' 'Right'

My phone pinged.

Chanel🌷: Going to my last class for the day, I'll call you when I'm done.

My heart fluttered at the text. I smiled and tilted my head to the side.

"Remember to read that chapter tonight for English." Kimmy said.

"Uh huh." I typed.

Me:
Okay baby, I miss you so much

"You should come over by me and we could read the chapter together and have a discussion."

"Yeah, for sure." I waited for Chanel to respond, then my phone fucking died. "Fuck."

"What?" Kimmy asked.

"Phone died."

"You can just charge it by me." She picked up her things.

"Huh?" I looked at her oddly.

"You forgot already, we're going to my place to read the next chapter for English." Kimmy laughed and shook her head.

I sighed. "Okay, let's go."

I know I'm gonna regret this.

We were walking through the parking and she grabbed onto my arm.

"Yo chill." I pulled my arm out of her grasp.

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "You're so boring."

🌞

Chanel's POV

I got out of my class and immediately went to call King, but it went straight to voicemail.

Weird.

I got into my car and scrolled through Instagram stories. I saw a picture of a girl in King's grade posing up in the school's parking lot.

I squinted. Is that King and fucking Kimmel? or whatever her name is. They were in the background and Kimball had both arms wrapped around King's arm.

I called King again and it went to voicemail again, so I decided to text him.

This what he wanna do when I ain't around?

Okay.

I started my car. Let's pay him an early visit then.

🪷