17

Chanel's POV

I think King broke my spine. It hurt so bad, but what he did felt so good.

I laid on my stomach with an ice pack on my back, eating marshmallows and watching the new season of Demon Slayer.

My phone went off and I picked it up.

Unknown number: In your city ❤️

I squinted at the message oddly.

There's no way it's him. I'm physically sick right now.

🫀

As I walked down the hall, I saw Kimmy's mouth going super sonic speed, while King was ignoring her and looking for something in his locker.

I walked straight pass them.

"—we can go to my place later." Kimmy said.

I heard a locker close.

"Chanel!" He hugged me from behind.

I smiled. "Hi King."

"Are you okay?" He slowly turned me around. There was concern in his eyes. "Was I too rough yesterday?" He whispered.

I chuckled. "It's just my back, don't worry."

"We don't have to do anything today, I'll take you on a date instead." He smiled widely.

My brows rose. "You're taking me on a date?" I slightly moved my head to the side and looked at Kimmy, who had her arms crossed while looking at us. "What about your friend? You guys don't got something planned?"

He titled his head in confusion. "Who?"

"Kimmy." I rose a brow.

"Kimmy isn't my friend. She talks a lot. If she was talking, I didn't hear a thing." He stated. Can we not talk about her? I wanna take you somewhere." He bit his bottom lip softly.

I smirked. "Okay King, what should I wear?"

His eyes lit up. "A dress. It could be simple, I don't care, I just want to see you in a dress."

"Alright, I'll wear a dress for you King."

He smiled uncontrollably. "I-I'll pick you up at 7."

I kinda wanted to kiss him.

"King! We have class." Kimmy called out.

The fuck is her problem? The bell didn't even ring.

King looked annoyed.

"Go to class." I told him.

"Okay, see you later, alright?" The way he looked at me. I could melt right now.

I slowly backed up and smiled. "Mhmm."

🕯

I applied lipgloss to my lips, then fixed my low puff.
I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled.

My doorbell rang. It was probably King. I grabbed my purse and walked out my room.

I opened the door and saw King with his locs in a messy high ponytail. It was kinda hot.

"You wore a dress." He breathed deeply and his eyes lit up.

" He breathed deeply and his eyes lit up

"Of course I did." I stepped closer to him and caressed the back of his head. "I like your hair."

He looked away shyly. "I- I was rushing, it didn't come out how I wanted it to."

I softly sank my acrylics into the back of his neck. "Well..I think it looks sexy just like this."

"S-stop.." There was a huge smile on his face. "We have to get going, I don't want us to be late."

He held my hand and we walked to his car.

❤️