Chapter 32

She's reinventing loving me

when we're resembling cutlery on the sofa

must have been about 5.01

like my blue ripped jeans

and my eyes are closed

I woke up to the sound of my best friend singing Ed Sheeran Sofa to me. I love that song, it's one that Niall sings for me to get me to sleep some nights. It sounded wrong coming from the mouth of my best friend and not my boyfriend. Chloe sings 'soft kitty' to me, and i to her. That's how it always has been.

"You're singing the wrong song silly" i let out a chuckle and she gasped "what are you gasping at?" i asked her opening my eyes, i took in my surroundings for a good few seconds before i realised that i wasn't in my bedroom like i had thought i was. Instead i was in what looked like a hospital room except it wasn't bright white and kind of scary like most hospital rooms and trust me, with 3 younger siblings and my past i am very used to what hospital rooms look like.

"You just..... you wake up and the first thing you say is that's the wrong song?" she asked and i could see tears in her eyes.

"Chloe why are you crying? Where am i? Where's Niall and the rest of the gang?" i asked all the questions that i so badly wanted to know.

"Paige, you're in the hospital but not on one of the normal wards because we were attracting to much attention" i wondered what she meant by that but let her continue "I'm just happy to see you're ok after what happened.... the lads are with Niall in his room, Tina had to go back to Australia and Katie and Jessie are getting food for everyone because the food here is gross" She pulled a 'sick' face and a smile tugged at my lips.

"Chloe what do you mean 'after what happened,'  what did happe-" i started but then it came to me.

I remembered the dim garage and the pool of blood from someone, i remembered being tyed up and getting loose, the fight, Niall.

The knife.

Niall.

"Chloe please tell me he's ok" tears welled up in my eyes as the picture of Niall on the floor with blood coming from his leg refused to leave my mind, it was painful to see but i couldn't shake it.

"He's ok, he'll be fine. He's awake he woke up a few hours ago" she promised me taking hold of my hand and kissing the back of it lightly to reassure me in the same way a mother would her child or someone would with their partner that's just the way our friendship is.

"Why am i here?" i asked because as far as i can remember nothing actually happened to me, i was helping Niall so how come i'm in the hospital?

"Well apparently you are like a knife magnet" she tried to make a joke but i wasn't seeing the funny side of it.

"Chloe that's sick, i watched Kyle die and then i got stabbed in the heart, now Niall's been stabbed too and you try to make a joke about it?" i was disgusted but she looked shocked.

"No Paige i didn-" she started but i cut her off.

"Chloe save it i don't want to hear it" i told her pulling my hand harshly away from her grip

The door opened before she had a chance to say anything to me.

"Miss Wood nice to see you awake" a female nurse said as she walked over to me with a smile on her face, for some reason every little thing that everyone was doing was annoying the hell out of me.

"Now you're awake we will just have to keep you in overnight and then explain your medication to you and you will be free to leave tomorrow if there are no complications" she spoke again with her sickly cheerful voice.