Chapter 11

I landed in Cornwall with tears pouring down my face. Everyone had tried ringing my phone whilst I was on the plane, I had so many texts asking where I am and what is going on. People were looking at me like I am crazy, hell maybe I am.  

I blocked all their numbers, it's for the best I promise. By the time they realise they won't want to phone me anyway.  

It was a beautiful day in Cornwall, I walked towards the beach. It reminded me so much of coming here as a kid  

**FLASHBACK** 

"paige not too deep please" my mum shouted at me from the sand. The water was only at my hips, swirling around me as I blocked it's path. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining off the top of the water and the water was so clear you could see your reflection in it. Every now and then a small fish would dart past your feet.  

"I won't mummy" I called back 

There was a kid playing near me, around my age, he had a net and seemed to be trying to catch the few small fish that went past. 

"you won't catch them you know" I said to him. He looked up at me and he had the most beautiful big brown eyes 

"my daddy said that if I can catch one I can have an icecream" he replied to me, he was deadly serious and a smile formed on my face 

"well then good luck, i'm Paige by the way" 

"Lucas" he replied. 

My first friend in Cornwall.  

**out of flashback** 

At some point during my vivid memory I had walked to the pier, it wasn't a wooden pier it was made of huge boulders that created a partition in the water like a wall as it travelled into the waves. The top had been tarmac'd and there was a wooden bench at the end, I made my way over to it not realising that I was crying until I couldn't see the path anymore, this is my own fault I deserve to cry.

Niall's p.o.v.

I woke up quite early today, not too early but earlier than usual 9.02am the clock says.  

I got up and headed to the kitchen, the others will be up soon and we can decide what we want to do today. Soon the smell of toast was filling the apartment, I kind of burnt it a little though and laughed to myself, normally Paige would have come running out screaming 'what are you burning for god sake you idiot' she must be really tired today.  

She's hiding something from us I know she is, that phone call. I can't talk to her about it because she brushes off the subject. She said she had until this morning to sort it out, I wonder what that means.  

I grabbed my toast and walked towards the living room not making it any more than 4 steps before a shrill shriek was filling the house, I dropped the plate and heard it smash but I didn't stop I ran towards the girls room.  

I flung open the door and was quickly followed by the boys who must have woken up from the scream, Chloe was there. On her knees between the two beds, I noticed Paige's was empty. Chloe was crying her heart out with something in her hand  

"S-s-she's g-gone" she managed to get out before bursting into even more tears which was barely possible.  

It took a while for the words to process but when they did they hit my body like cold knifes. It was like someone was plunging a knife into my heart and twisting it, with every twist it got deeper until suddenly it didn't hurt anymore and I was just numb.  

"what do you mean she's gone?" Harry asked, I could tell that his voice was shaking.  

"she left a note" she held up the note and I took it off her, reading over it the words playing over and over again in my head.