Ch-5-Book-?

. . .

Loud beeping is all I hear. Loud annoying beeping. I groan and sit up. Why was I laying on the floor again? The last thing I remember is two girls kissing-

What?

Suddenly my face feels hot. I look next to me and see my sister Lindsey laying on the floor. In front of her is her laptop closed shut.

Oh right, it was just a movie.

The beeping from my alarm doesn't stop. "Ugh." My sister groans next to me. "Shut upppp." She wines. I pat her on the back then get up and finally turn my alarm off.

"Imagine going to school." Lindsey says annoyed. "I know, right?" I say back getting dressed.

"Well, I'll see you after school then." I say to Lindsey after I get dressed. "Yeah, see ya." She says back sitting up from her spot on the floor.

"You and I are going to party when I get home before you leave tonight." I told Lindsey. "Great plan." She says sounding a bit happy and more awake.

Lindsey stands up then walks over to me and hugs me. "Miss you." She says. I hug back. "Miss you too."

. . .

When I get home from school mom is working on the couch while watching tv. She hears me come in so she turns around and looks at me with a smile. "Welcome home." She says happily as if Lindsey isn't leaving in a few hours.

"Hi." I say back then walking past the living room. "Come back I want to talk to you." Mom says overly cheerful. I sigh and go back to the living room keeping my backpack and my shoes on so shell know have to put my things away and let me leave soon.

"How was school?" "Good." Mom frowns at me for my lack of words in my answer. "Anyone bothering you? Your sister must have left a target on your back." Mom says acting sadly. "Nope, all good." I answer quickly. Mom frowns at me then sighs.

"Well, I got you something." Mom says picking up a book on the couch next to her and holding it out to me. I take a few steps forward and take it from her. Still standing since I'll be leaving the room soon. "Thanks." I say.

"It's a new study book for next year's math class, now you can get ahead." Does she think I'm being right now? What's wrong with being on track? "I will be so much easier to study now that Lindsey is gone. So consider this a goodbye present from her, that I got you." "Thanks." I said again trying not to sound annoyed.

Wait... Her words sat in my head.

"I'm going to go to homework now." I smiled trying not to let mom see my worry. I quickly left the living room not waiting for an answer and quickly walked to mine and Lindsey's room.

I opened the door to our room, and let the door close behind me.

All of her stuff was gone. It was all packed yesterday, but now the items on her desk were gone. Maybe she went on a walk? Or on a drive with dad? Or he already drove her. Her suitcase wasn't in our room.

The only things that remained of Linsey's were her bed set, a few stuffed animals on her bed, and a letter on her desk.

No.

She couldn't have already left.

She said tonight.

I was going to drop her off.

Dad said tonight.

Mom said she'd leave tonight.

Why not wait a few more hours?!

I locked the door to mine and Lindsey's room.

I found locking the door weird in a way. I was never allowed to lock it since Lindsey needed to get in. But now we didn't share our room anymore. So I could lock the door.

I threw my backpack onto my bed. I grabbed the letter off of Lindsey's desk and sat on her bed. The front side of the letter said "Robbin" and had a small bird drawn next to it. Should I open it now?

.   .   .

I wanted to talk to her. To Lindsey. She was probably already at that boring boarding school by now. She can't even have her phone back till the weekend. Tomorrow is Saturday. Yeah, but you can't have your phone for the first week you are there. You also lose your phone depending on how you act. So I can't even talk to Lindsey soon! I have to wait a while! Did she know she wasn't leaving tonight? No, she would have told me.

I lay down on Lindsey's bed with her letter in front of me. I pull my phone out of my pocket and open my contacts. I just wanted to talk to someone. I see Lindsey's contact. Can't talk to her. Definitely won't talk to mom or dad.

Wow, I don't have many contacts. I knew I didn't have any friends besides Lindsey, but this is just kinda sad. Oh. That's a good name. We haven't talked in some time. We used to talk almost every week with Lindsey, but that was before Hannah showed up. Since then we've only talked about it once or twice.

I click on the contact, then the call button.

It rings about three times before someone answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey Robbin, how are you?"

"Good, how are you Eret?"

"Still calling me that?" They chuckle a bit. "I'm good, we haven't talked in a few weeks, what have you been up to?"

"Still getting ok grades." I say the truth. "What have you been up to?" I ask. "You know me, working." "You meem playing games?" I ask jokingly. "So you have been watching my streams." He points out.

"No, I just know your "work" is having fun." "It's the best kind of work. Hey, how is Lindsey? Usually, you both call me together. Oh, is she going to try and surprise me again?"

The question I've been hoping for, but also dreading. "Actually, Lindsey moved out." I say sadly.

. . .