Kay would've been mortified, but she'd gotten over that after so many amazingly awkward things she took in stride. Sometimes, it felt like Kyle was doing his best to shock his grandmother into a heart attack, but the woman was giving him a run for his money.

"And we really appreciate it," Kyle said walking over to her and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Sophie turned to both of them with a big smile. "Honestly, I'm just happy you're here. And I remember what it's like to be young and in love and in Paris."

Kay had to admit that being there did things to her as well. Everything was much smaller, much older and with a charm that was very hard to replicate. They were thriving there and the thought of going back home made her sad, which was why she was pushing it away with everything she had.

"I know you understand." Kyle snatched a croissant from the basket Sophie had left on the kitchen table, and bit half of it. "After all, you're the coolest person I know."

That was true, and Kay had long wondered how someone as amazing as Sophie could raise Kyle's idiotic mother. Though, to be fair, Max was pretty amazing himself, so it was a one out of two deal.

"Of course," Sophie said with a laugh as she headed for the sink in their tiny kitchen, most likely to make coffee.

Kay stood, too, already looking forward to having coffee with Sophie and chatting I'm French.

"Are Jimmy and Jessie coming today?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, they should be on their way." Kay sat on the other stool, next to Kyle, and picked up a croissant herself.

Sophie just smiled and began singing a French song as she put the kettle on. Kay leaned her head against Kyle's shoulder, munching on the croissant. God, how could she be so happy?

The feeling only increased once the door opened and Jimmy and Jessie burst in.

"Aww, we're late," Jessie said, immediately plopping at the table across from Kyle and stealing the food out of his hand.

"And would my guess as to why be correct?" Kay asked with a grin.

Jessie gave her one skeptic look, but it was playful. "Same as yours, I guess."

"We're not denying it," Kyle said, picking up a baguette out of the basket and poking Jessie with it.

"Who said we are?" Jimmy picked the second one and blocked Kyle's jab. "En garde!"

"No, definitely not." Sophie put the pot of coffee on the table between them and took the baguettes. "No way are you breaking these."

"This is not over," Jimmy warned. "I will catch you off guard and destroy you."

Kyle only grinned. "Wanna go spar?"

"No one is going sparing. It is time for tour French lessons." Sophie now placed buttered baguette on the table between them.

"I love having a grandma," Jimmy said, picking up a peace.

It drew a smile out of Sophie who left them at it for a few minutes.

"Have you called home?" Kyle asked, his voice low and urgent.

Even if Sophie knew most things about their lives, they never wanted to worry her with the real danger they were expecting soon. Their discussions about that were short and to the point, but they still made Kay nervous every time.

"Yep," Jimmy said, sounding unconcerned, which was always a good sign. "Spoke to Tom this morning. They're doing well, there's no trouble, and school is going great. He and Sam are really hitting it off. I'm starting to get jealous."

"But that's a good thing," Kay pointed out.

"Yeah, I know."

"He's also lucky Mom and Dad aren't grilling him about where we are," Kyle said, sounding less than pleased. "They do that to Sam and Jerry."

Jessie rolled her eyes. "Why can't they get that they truly don't know where we are?"

"I think the recent articles in the press might have gotten them worried," Jimmy said, fairly.

That was probably true since people noticed the fact that Jessie and Kyle seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth. Jessie's parents even came forth with a public plea for help to find their daughter, even going as far as filing a missing person's report. Probably paving the way for declaring her dead and claiming all her money.

The rumors following that announcement were many. Kidnapping, her already being dead, she and Kyle eloping and going off the face a cult... The four of them had spent a couple of evening reading them all and laughing themselves into a tummy ache.

"I think they're actually upset they can't show you their love." Kyle made airquotes at the last word.

"No thanks, I'm good."

"We're all good, aren't we?" Jessie asked.

"Of course we are," Kyle said with a smile.

Kay couldn't deny that. And she could see that Jimmy and Jessie were just as happy together as she and Kyle were. Not only that, but they got along great as a foursome and she started wondering if they could just not go back.

But then she thought of Angie and Tom, of Sam and Jerry, and she knew they couldn't run. Kyle could never abandon his brothers, and she wouldn't even suggest it. Hell, a part of her had begun getting curious about what would happen next.

But until then, she'd just enjoy this.

Her new family, being with Kyle. Being happy.

Because they were. She could see it in the way he smile, laughed, walked. They'd grown so close, but it felt natural. It felt like they were charging each other up with love and positivity, preparing each other for what was to come.

But she didn't look to the future with fear. They were all training, being mindful, challenging each other. Back home, Tom, Angie, Sam and Jerry were doing the same. They would be ready and they would face this together.

As long as she and Kyle were together, she knew they were living their happily ever after.

THE END

And there you have it! The happy ending you've all been waiting for.

Will there be more adventure in their lives? Most likely. Will they face it together? Of course! Is this story what really happened to them? Well, no. But it is close.

Want to see how Kyle and Kay really reunited? Want to see how Jimmy and Jessie truly met and fell in love? Want to see more of Tom and Angie and maybe even poor, clueless Sam and Jerry?

The Jewel Project Series is the place for you. Seven books of maddening adventures and mysteries, emotional drama, and maybe even a happy ending (but just a huge maybe).

If you don't want to get the party started, this is the end for you. Kyle and Kay found each other and lived happily ever after. Because you know they did 😉

Thanks for reading and I hope you had fun with this story.