ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟸𝟺:

Start from the beginning

A smile slowly appeared on her face as she watches the crystal-clear water on the river. The hushed water on the river was non-verbally telling her that she finally got to escape from everyone's suspicious eyes and all she knows is that she can finally breathe fresh air without minding everyone and all she should worry about is Hanzo.

" I know you'll find me here " she whispered in the wind.

She temporarily closed her eyes and feel every movement and energy surrounding her. She can hear the squirrels jumping off the trees, the hushed flowing of the river, and the leaves dancing and falling through the whistling wind, and when she finally recognizes a dark aura, her lips instantly formed into a curve. She was about to open her eyes but a tight grip encircled her waist and she came flying in a fast phase towards the river. It was so fast that all she can do was close her eyes as her back hit the water and the following events made her heart skip a beat. A familiar soft thing touches her lips as his grasp on her waist tightened, pulling her closer to him and all she did was surrender to his drowning kisses.

•••

"How did you find me? " Hanabi asked while watching the Akuma ninja take his upper cloth off before handing it to her she actually reaches and squeezes it before drying her hair using his cloth.

" I heard you "

They were currently sitting in a tree trunk while facing each other. They agreed to see the sunset before heading back to their respective residence.

Hanabi can't help but smile while brushing her hair using her fingers. It feels new for her to see him in front of her and look at her with mixed emotions visible in his eyes. His thick brows and seemingly drunk stares were stirring something inside her. His pale skin elevated pointed nose, and cherry lips felt so new to her that it takes her to stare at him for a few minutes before believing that he was actually finally in front of her.

" so, how are--- "
" Don't you miss me? " he cuts her. Hanabi blinked a few times before answering " o-, of course, I do " she badly wants to pinch herself for acting flustered in front of him.
" that's all I want to hear " he uttered, a light smile visible on his face.
" o- oh... " she stutters and simply bows her head, looking at her damp kimono.

She feels stupid for anticipating that he's going to say that he misses her too. She doesn't know what happened and what changes happened for them to feel awkward with each other. All she knows is that she's hurt and confused at the same time.

" Hanabi " she slowly lifts her head and looks at him with a straight face.
" yes? "
" look," he said while pointing his index finger to the now red-orange sky.

The sun finally set and it was too captivating for them to share an awkward atmosphere. She badly wants to ask how he was doing while she was away. She wants him to wrap his arms around her and cuddle while watching the scenery in front of them. But sadly, something feels off, and her heart sinks for an unknown reason. She finally got attached to him and seeing him acting so cold was a stab in her chest. Strange thoughts were pouring into her mind as that perhaps, she fell too soon and it turned him off because he might think that she was easy to get. She knows it's ridiculous to think of that but she just can't help it.

Twilight came and they didn't had even a decent conversation and it annoyed her. She was currently standing and looking at the river as the water reflects the bright moon in the sky while hugging herself. It was so cold and her damp kimono was adding to it. Why would he even throw her in the river in the first place? It was pissing her off now because she felt like freezing and slowly turning into an human ice on the spot.